User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
In your opinion, what makes a good mod?
Fri, 07/26/2019 - 19:53

I am fairly new to MCreator, so in your opinion, what makes a good mod? Is it the graphics, features ect.  I think having advice from experienced mod creators would help people to do better at their mods, so this is why I made this topic.

Last seen on 05:54, 23. Sep 2019
Joined Jun 2016
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
I think that, like you said,…
Sat, 07/27/2019 - 15:57

I think that, like you said, graphics (textures) are important, but probably the thing that makes a mod good is its usefulness.

Would you download a mod that does something that vanilla or many other mods does better or that removes the fun from the game by adding some OP things?

I think that a good mod is one that adds more gameplay, eases some boring tasks or improves some vanilla aspects. And originality also helps.

But it's actually a matter of opinion because every player likes a different part of the game: for example, hardcore players could prefer mods that add new monsters and menaces, while builders might prefer the ones that add new decorative blocks or some utilities to stop the annoying mobs so they can spend more time building.

Last seen on 17:57, 23. Sep 2019
Joined Feb 2017
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
For me a good mod is a mod…
Mon, 07/29/2019 - 17:09

For me a good mod is a mod that follow the vanilla minecraft, but that's actually just my opinion, in fact I think most people will like a mod that add a fun experience to the game, a fun and long experience, as the aether for exemple :D