Joined May 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Stange/Annoying Keybinds?

I was unsure of where to put this, but I have some issues with MCreator's interface.

I don't know in what update this was added, but the two keybinds (Shift + S and Shift + C specifically) are EXTREMELY annoying when I'm trying to make mod elements or custom code. You forget they're there until they smack you in the face. Couldn't you have bound them to anything else? Like the F-Keys? Or Alt + <whatever>?

If you MUST keep these keybinds the way they are, then at least disable them when I'm:

- In a textbox

- In the console, or

- In the code editor

Don't get me wrong, I very clearly see the utility of having a quick keybind to go to the workspace and to the console, especially with MCreator's recent 1.9.0 update. However, I don't think it was done with the things above in mind.

Thank you for always making MCreator a better platform,

rmsandegs

You must have downloaded…
Mon, 08/19/2019 - 18:50

You must have downloaded MCreator before this was patched. From 1.9.0 release article:

PATCH UPDATE 29. 6. 2019, 19:00 CET

There were some bugs found in MCreator 1.9.0 so we decided to release a patch update. If you are having one of the following bugs and downloaded MCreator before the time of the patch, consider reinstalling version 1.9.0:

• [#50676] Could not type uppercase S and C in MCreator due to shortcuts being assigned to them
  • [#50710] Missing references to blocks or items that were not properly deleted in previous MCreator version could cause Minecraft to crash
  • [#50711] Trees were still generating in lakes in custom dimensions
  • [#50688] MCreator did not work on computers with the language set to Turkish
  • [#50705] MCreator could fail to save workspace on some slower hard drives
  • [#50705] In some cases users could not create a new workspace
  • If one closed the main window while Gradle was running and canceled the close, the window closed nonetheless
  • One could close MCreator while the Gradle workspace was setting up
  • Fast clicking on the build, run client or run server button repeated this task multiple times
  • Added a notice about supported model types in the UI

To apply the patch (fix these bugs), uninstall MCreator 1.9.0, download it again and install it again.

PATCH UPDATE 1. 7. 2019, 16:40 CET

There were some bugs found in MCreator 1.9.0 so we decided to release a patch update. If you are having one of the following bugs and downloaded MCreator before the time of the patch, consider reinstalling version 1.9.0:

• [#50791] Custom armor model textures were not properly applied
  • Some other minor bugfixes and additions

To apply the patch (fix these bugs), uninstall MCreator 1.9.0, download it again and install it again.

Last seen on 00:30, 24. Aug 2023
Joined May 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ah, ok. I downloaded 1.9.0…
Tue, 08/20/2019 - 12:57

Ah, ok. I downloaded 1.9.0 the instant it came out so I must have missed this. Thank you very much for this! I would've never found that out on my own! :)