User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Add 1.7.10 Support... Please...
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 09:37 (edited)

Hey everyone I'm Troy also known as ButterJaffa on YouTube and was hoping to get some information on why 1.7.10 Support is gone now?

I'm looking to make a few mods to get to work with Dragon Block C which sadly hasn't been updated from 1.7.10 so I'm kinda stuck... If anyone has an old version of MCreator and could share the files I would be extremely happy.

Or Hopefully the creator of MCreator adds a Minecraft 1.7.10 Generator into the current version of MCreator like he has already done with 1.12.2

Thanks

Edited by ButterJaffa on Thu, 08/20/2020 - 09:37
Last seen on 13:59, 19. May 2023
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Its just so hard why cant…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 00:38

Its just so hard why cant mod make it??

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
wait- it said gradle 2.3…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 00:39

wait- it said gradle 2.3 snapshot didnt support 1.7.10 is that really fixable??

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
like should i somehow like…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 00:46

like should i somehow like switch to older gradle??

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I told you, LEARN JAVA,…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 01:17

I told you, LEARN JAVA, GRADLE, FREEMARKER, AND FORGE before attempting to even make a generator!
You would need to have knowledge of these topics to start one... You can't just copy over the 1.12 version files, change some version numbers, and expect this to work like magic... if you don't start learning the basics nobody will help you...

As Crispy has said, don't…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 02:06

As Crispy has said, don't take the same path took in March/April because I had already some knowledge in Java and I began by making a Resource pack generator, so as it's smaller it's easier to understand how works the basic generator. I had also to learn quickly to be able to write some Wiki pages (Ok I also wanted to make the first big generator xD) Then, I started to make the Fabric Generator, and even if I didn't know everything (the reason why I took one month to release the first version) I had already knowledge in making custom generators and Java. I'm someone that can learn quickly(generally) and I'm able to search for the information I need. it is like that I learnt everything I know today and I was able to write the Wiki and make tutorials about MCreator plugins. However, you, I don't have the impression you know searching because if you had searched a little bit, you would have found the Wiki pages I wrote and re-wrote a second time to share everything I learnt. I will stop here because if you don't understand this, you will never be able to make your generator. So, the only thing I will give you as advice, it's read the Wiki pages about making a plugin and watch the tutorial videos I've also made. Then, use the official plugins (integrated plugins) to help you when you make a plugin because they have everything you need when you start. You just need to understand them. When you understand and you know how to search on the website and Internet, you shouldn't need to ask questions on the forum (there are still some cases that just Klemen or an expert with plugins can help).

https://mcreator.net/wiki/section/mcreator-plugins

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb_Ogj2Cht7bbdpVnZfka-c_MrRr9MTsO

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok (I might try 1.8.9 now…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 03:54

Ok (I might try 1.8.9 now. Again, it says 2.3 doesnt support 1.7.10. how do I fix that if possbile??)

Did you read the entire…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 04:44

Did you read the entire message? I think I was enough understandable.

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
YES, but it says 1.7.10 IS…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 04:49

YES, but it says 1.7.10 IS NOT SUPPORTED BY 2.3-SNAPSHOT. again, I DID READ IT. I'm asking HOW do I stop it from saying its not supported? I understand you entire message, I'm just asking how to fix ONE THING so it will work.

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
look, it won't work even if…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 04:53

look, it won't work even if you fix the ForgeGradle issue. That is not how coding works. 1.12 has vastly different code from 1.7, and a lot of changes would need to be done before a workspace even compiles, which requires Java knowledge, forge knowledge, and the valuable skill of doing research, which you clearly don't have.

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(Started the plugin again) I…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 04:54

(Started the plugin again) I hope this is the last question I'm asking. Is the start_id_map: line important in generator.yaml? Do I need to change it? What should I change it to if I'm making 1.7.10 plugin?

Last seen on 10:56, 1. Oct 2020
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
... bruh did you not just…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 04:54

bruh did you not just read what they said?

1.7.10 is a very different version from 1.12.2. You'll need to rewrite the entire 1.12 plugin if you want it. and why in the world are you modding for 1.7.10 now? mods that have existed since then have a reason to. newer versions are better and more supported. and people will actually use them

I can understand that you have not modded before, or even programmed with Java and gradle. Lemme explain. Firstly, it's ForgeGradle that's causing issues, not Gradle. ForgeGradle 2.3 only supports 1.12 and 1.11. And the version of ForgeGradle used on 1.7.10 is not the same (or even similar). Nor does 1.8.9 use ForgeGradle 2.3. And 1.7.10 doesn't work with the same gradle version that 1.12 used, because of changes with forgegradle. Nor will upgrading gradle or forgegradle work because maven central switched to https. Please learn java before modding. It's not a piece of cake. Especially 1.7.10, as it's a very different version. It's not as simple as changing versions in the build.gradle and expecting it to magically work.

And making an mcreator plugin also requires special knowledge. It's equivalent to jumping into an ocean without having any prior knowledge of swimming. Please learn programming with java, how to use gradle, basic networking concepts, freemarker template writing and groovy scripting before even trying to do something with 1.7.10 or an mcreator plugin. 

Here's a link to a few java tutorials. 
https://www.jetbrains.com/academy/
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

YES, but it says 1.7.10 IS…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 04:56

YES, but it says 1.7.10 IS NOT SUPPORTED BY 2.3-SNAPSHOT. again, I DID READ IT. I'm asking HOW do I stop it from saying its not supported? I understand you entire message, I'm just asking how to fix ONE THING so it will work.

Calm down, please.

You say you understand what I said to you, but just in writing this message you don't understand what I said. You continue to ask for help when I told you should read the Wiki pages and watch my tutorials because I explained everything. If you really want to make a generator, you would read the Wiki pages, be calm with me and CrispyChips and you would stop to ask this same question. Your problem is really easy to fix when you know how MCreator plugins and Forge works.

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What forgegradle did 1.7.10…
Thu, 08/20/2020 - 09:35

What forgegradle did 1.7.10 use??

Locking this topic as this…