How to make mods for 1.8.9, 1.7.10, and 1.12.2 on latest version of MCreator?

Started by TheSkullCreeper on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:45, 2. Jun 2020
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make mods for 1.8.9, 1.7.10, and 1.12.2 on latest version of MCreator?

Is there a way to use the versions in the title (1.8.9, 1.7.10, and 1.12.2) on the latest version of MCreator, while still getting features like Music Discs, Loot Tables, extra features for other things, etc.

I want to make a mod for these versions with all the newer features (except for 1.14+ exclusive stuff, of course).

Last seen on 01:02, 17. Dec 2022
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm well aware that there…
Mon, 04/26/2021 - 23:51

I'm well aware that there will never be official support for 1.8.9, but would you happen to know if someone has made a plugin for supporting it? My favorite mod of all time is Battlegear 2, but it hasn't been updated to any version with features from the Combat Update, so I'd like to add my own features to complement the mod without having to make some sort of spiritual successor myself (since, even if I knew how, I could possibly get in trouble for reusing the mod's code for a future version of Minecraft because of the license).

Last seen on 11:15, 4. Jan 2023
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
actually, there was support…
Wed, 11/17/2021 - 17:10

actually, there was support for 1.8.9 from version 1.6.5, but this version isn't available anymore, I tried using web archive, but it kept throwing me to adfly and didn't let me download, I'm still searching tho