The function to add new crafting stations + recipes for them.

Started by ForumYoshi on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 23:49, 20. Jun 2020
Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The function to add new crafting stations + recipes for them.

Hi.

One thing that seems to be missing from MCreator is custom crafting stations with their own recipes.

The idea should be sort of simple. The game already has crafting categories like "Crafting", "Smelting", "Blasting" etc. The idea is that you could add your own categories there and assign that category to a crafting station.

So, if I wanted to add a special blast furnace to the game that's used for a single purpose only, for example "smelting" iron into steel, you then could do that.

Currently, you don't seem to be able to add new recipe types, making this sort of stuff properly impossible.

This needs support for adding new crafting stations like workbenches and furnaces, the recipe type alone isn't enough.

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How is it so hard to…
Mon, 06/08/2020 - 20:52

How is it so hard to understand?

It does explain it.

By a recipe I mean an actual recipe, not a procedure that checks for item in a slot and converts it to another item.

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
how's it different from a…
Mon, 06/08/2020 - 23:15

how's it different from a real recipe XD

I mean that's what crafting is, detecting items and converting them.

this feature would just be like procedures but more limited

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
what do you mean by an…
Mon, 06/08/2020 - 23:18

what do you mean by an actual recipe anyways?

What could you possibly want more than a simple visual programming interface that gives you anything you need to make any crafting station you like lmao

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So, you do understand what I…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:17

So, you do understand what I mean, but just for some reason object a completely reasonable addition to the tool. Didn't know that people in this community could be so negative, all I did was put out a request for a completely reasonable addition. Not to mention, people who aren't so skilled in this kind of stuff would struggle also to make crafting stations with procedures, so it would make many "low-effort" mods much more "high-quality". You're basically objecting a good addition seriously hard, that would make many people's lives much easier. Tell me one good reason, why?

I seriously don't get the problem with this. I'd rather have MCreator be able to make mods that don't immediately brand themselves as "MADE IN MCREATOR, WE HAVE NO PROPER RECIPES". I'd rather be able to make mods that blend in with most mods out there.

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How about you stop? I made a…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:19

How about you stop?

I made a reasonable suggestion. If you don't like it or do not agree with it, you have no need to comment on it and tell me to stop. I'm only replying to what people tell me.

I don't understand what's there not to like in a suggestion that makes things much easier, AND actually properly functioning as in the code.

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
this isn't really a…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:21

this isn't really a reasonable addition as it is a underpowered feature, because you can do everything you possibly need to do and more with procedures. Have you seen the MCreator mods out there? They have crafting blocks, amazing textures, and quality ideas. They certainly blend with non-mcreator mods So I still don't get why you can't just use procedures.

Also calm down :)

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
actually properly…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:22

actually properly functioning as in the code.

how do you know that it doesn't work in the code? Have you looked at it yourself?
Do you even know Java?

No offense.

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Seriously? 1. It's not how…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:24

Seriously?

1. It's not how it works in Minecraft by default.

2. It's awkward to deal with, and slow to deal with.

3. AFAIK, you cannot make GUI animations for example, so you cannot even make a new furnace mimicking OG furnaces.

4. It turns away less skillful users. (Why not make a feature more likeable for everyone, not just advanced users?)

5. AFAIK, you cannot make blocks change textures + give them proper animations, which once again makes it impossible to mimic OG furnaces.

These and probably many other things.

The only counter-argument you have is "we can do it with procedures". That outweighs all this?

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1. Mods don't function like…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:30

1. Mods don't function like vanilla lmao. Forge is a compatibility layer that adds a Event system among other things that is used to create mods

2. True, but it is more powerful than your suggestions

3. That is too customized to be implemented into a mod maker even with your suggestions

4. true.

5. so your suggestion magically makes this possible? 

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I mean honestly, you don't…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:31

I mean honestly, you don't know how Java works so you won't know how hard this is to be added. So even if they add your suggestion these features won't be fixed.

Chill dude.

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I know that it doesn…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:36

How do I know that it doesn't function like that in the code?

Mmm, maybe it's that procedures aren't crafting recipes, more like a script that looks for the existence of items in a slot in a GUI. If you used a recipe book to display all recipes, you wouldn't see your procedure crafting station recipes in there as they are not registered recipes.

I do not know Java but I can read it, but considering that you seem to think that procedure-"recipes" are like real recipes makes me think that you definitely do not know Java. This is a part of a real crafting recipes code:

"type": "minecraft:crafting_shapeless",
  "ingredients": [
    {
      "item": "minecraft:leather_helmet"
    }
  ],
  "result": {
    "item": "minecraft:leather",
    "count": 1
  }
}

You think that a procedure script looks like that? Yeah, nah.