Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions
Hey, everybody! So I noticed that there have been a couple issues on changing the internal model name of a model exported from Blockbench, and people were saying that MCreator would tell them to change the name in the code because it had the same name as the one already imported.
I actually had this problem myself, but after clicking around in Blockbench, I found the solution!
- Click "File" at the top.
- Click on "Project."
- Click on the "Model Identifier" field. This is what changes the internal name of your model.
- Type in whatever you want the file name to be. For convenience, you can just type whatever the file name is.
- Click "Confirm."
- Export your model as a Java Entity.
- Import it into MCreator.
And behold, your glorious creation will have its own beautiful name to separate it from the other models!