Anyone have a biped template?

Started by BoiledMilk on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 07:26, 14. Dec 2022
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Anyone have a biped template?

I am making a biped mob and I can't find a template for making a texture anywhere. I know it is not the same as a regular skin. I am making a mod for 1.12.2 if that matters

Last seen on 22:41, 29. Dec 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Perhaps just use a “custom…
Sat, 07/11/2020 - 13:29

Perhaps just use a “custom model” that is really just the zombie model, it will have an easier skin texture to work with. Blockbench can do that for you.

Last seen on 23:32, 2. Oct 2020
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yeah, I got really annoyed…
Sat, 07/11/2020 - 15:43

Yeah, I got really annoyed by this too.

Basically, what you want to do is find or make a skin.  It doesn't matter how you get it as long as you end up with a skin.png file.  Then, head on over to pixilart.com and open the file (start drawing, file, open image) and crop it (with the crop tool on the left) down to a 64 by 32, instead of 64 by 64.  That should work!

Last seen on 02:02, 25. Dec 2020
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
From my understanding,…
Thu, 11/12/2020 - 02:02

From my understanding, player models shouldn't be used for MCreator biped models. Skins second layers aren't natively supported by biped models, for all I know.

Last seen on 09:22, 1. Oct 2021
Joined Aug 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can use BlockBench to…
Tue, 08/10/2021 - 05:22

You can use BlockBench to create a player model at "Moded Entity".Just copy the player model in "Minecraft Skin".Export as Java Entity,and import to Mcreator.But remember to create an animation for each groups(Mcreator will reminds you).Otherwise,it will walk without swinging,and it can't hold anything in its hand.

Advantage:You can successfully import not only your texture,but the second layer of a player's skin!