User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Problem with text input in GUI on server

Hey,

i have a problem with text input in GUI. In singleplayer all works fine but in multiplayer i can't get the text input. I tried to display it but it don't show anything.

MCreator EAP 2020.4 b28114

Forge 1.15.2

Here are some screenshots.

https://imgur.com/a/Eca1oKS

Last seen on 01:55, 3. May 2023
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I click on the question, I…
Mon, 09/14/2020 - 13:54

I click on the question, I haven't found this topic before, but I mean the same thing elsewhere  https://mcreator.net/comment/151596

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hi. I know most of them are…
Fri, 09/18/2020 - 16:35

Hi. I know most of them are absorbed by the recent events and are busy forming new groups, but can I ask for an answer to Jeronimo and mine? Is this a program error, or is it my error, why can't I assign the variable value from the GUI textfield field to a global variable or to a NBT variable (multiplayer - server)? Please give me some info on this.

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok. Thanks for the answer.
Mon, 09/21/2020 - 13:23

Ok. Thanks for the answer.

Last seen on 00:23, 17. Oct 2021
Joined Jul 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This problem has existed for…
Wed, 06/09/2021 - 21:04

This problem has existed for years in countless versions.
And is Ridiculously scuffed.
When designing features such as this, You should and should have Very Carefully constructed all major additions such as this.
So as to avoid issues exactly like this.
You really need to remember, That you're making a tool here that countless people will Attempt to make Quality Content with.
scuffed visual mod compiler or not, But your mistakes will Carry Over onto other people.

I deal with your Mistakes Constantly, on a dead outdated version, as you abandoned the version I have a passion for (1.12.2).
I'm constantly dealing with your mistakes; and working around them.
And it all could have been avoided, if you just had more consistent Development.

Whenever I type something like this, i'm normally expressing a bit of rage.
But i'm a single dev, who Attempts to make mods using a scuffed visual tool of your making.
You literally made this program, and have built up a massive community around it. What's your excuse
Because the reason of that you're a single dev, get no help, or etc.. Isn't really valid here.
You made it Open Source But it's still just as inconsistent, If Anything More.
And just cause you call it Open Source doesn't mean you're going to care about a version, you clearly don't care about.
At the end of the day, You Are its creator.
You either 'pull a notch', or don't. It's up to you.

Client v Server sync issues are an example of the stuff i deal with nearly constantly.
I could type out a Bug Report bigger then this entire page, but i've tried in the past, and you've shot them down for seemingly no valid reason besides your own discretion.

Anyway, this has been a Rant of a post, on a topic nobody but me cares for,
By me, you're every-day adhd-infused Visually Orientated slightly salty dev person. 
- Thanks for reading :)