User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[Solved] MC 1.14 client crashes right after loading world
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:44 (edited)

So ever since i've updated my MCreator to 2020.5 I've been getting a serious error that prevents me from testing my mod in-game: my client just crashes after creating/loading a world, it never lets me get in the world. here are the details:

Console Logs (truncated to show error/s):

https://pastebin.com/vvWMckiQ

Edited by Sajevius on Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:44
Caused by: net.minecraft…
Wed, 12/30/2020 - 17:06
  1. Caused by: net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocationException: Non [a-z0-9/._-] character in path of location: infernal_depths:@registryname

2. at net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation.<init>(ResourceLocation.java:30) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}

Some mod element is referencing advancement/biome/... that you deleted but it still references it.

Last seen on 08:14, 28. Nov 2023
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
finally, it's fixed now! it…
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:42

finally, it's fixed now!

it seems that the big problem was caused by some locked mod elements, which their code i forgot to manually change/update as i tweaked some elements. perhaps strangely, the problem didn't happen on 2020.4; once i updated to 2020.5, it just happened. btw i didnt even alter anything at that time when the problem kept occurring, but it's likely coz of me forgetting to unlock em after deleting/changing the ID of some elements, and/or immediately updating to 2020.5 without double-checking if everything's as they should be.

thanks! oh, and apologies for my carelessness :(

happy new year!