Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Immersion Mod - Aethelwyn

This is a thread for the Immersion mod by Aethelwyn, an early WIP mod designed to enrich the gameplay experience by filling gaps & adding new things to do.

Feel free to leave suggestions, feedback, or report bugs... and im not talking about spiders.

Last seen on 17:40, 29. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I haven't too many ideas for…
Wed, 08/18/2021 - 19:51

I haven't too many ideas for what to do with Dripstone, texture is very noisy so its hard to come up with anything that has any distinction, maybe I can find a use for the mud blocks with it. I'll see what I can do tho!

Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'll setup a release for…
Tue, 08/24/2021 - 14:25

I'll setup a release for sometime next week but I've got a few new blocks to share.

The new replacement mod will be called Reversion and will only be available from 1.16.5 onwards due to the need for soul soil to make the new soulstone blocks, I'll make a new thread once the mod is out with the first version.

Soul Sand Blocks, Sandstone Blocks, Brick Variants & Dripstone Variants

Decided to not use Soulsand as the way to make Soulstone to prevent mod conflicts, aswell as implement a few more interesting blocks.

Soulstone is also fairly easy to get, its not renewable but the materials are easy to come by; 8 Soul Soil + Netherrack in a crafting table will make Soilcrust, run water over Soilcrust & you will have Grained Soulstone; which will act like normal sand in creating the rest of the soulstone blocks.

The Dripstone block variants are made in preparation for 1.17

To Compliment the paper walls I have also added an Ornamental Lantern.

Paper Walls + Ornamental Lantern

Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
8 Soul Soil + Netherrack in…
Tue, 08/24/2021 - 14:28

8 Soul Soil + Netherrack in a crafting table will make Soilcrust

makes 8 Soulcrust* - figured that should be important to note

It's kinda fun that you…
Tue, 08/24/2021 - 15:02

It's kinda fun that you mentioned change from Soul Sand to Soul Soil to "avoid incompatibility", because - both are used by other mods :D
Quark uses soul sand, and Infernal Expansion uses Soul Soil, unfortunately. But you can still recommend using Polymorph mod in description, it allows people to choose which recipe they want to have with specific crafting (I used that with Quark/Immersion and it worked great). So I don't think it's an issue here.

As for soul soil - it is kinda renewable. You can make soul campfires from renewable resource and while breaking, it gives you one soul soil. But I agree, it's really tough way. This is why I made soul soil renewable in my mod lately.

Also (once again) - for name change - it's great. This way people using Immersion will be able to use both without anything breaking. If you would like, I can make conversion add-on mod, so people will be able to recraft Immersion blocks into Reversion ones, if they want to.

Anyway, good luck with mod recovering, it's awesome that you still work on it ^^