Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Better Textures for Material/Tool Packs

Mcreator has a feature that allows you to quickly generate sets of armor and tools for a specific material, but when you do, the textures just look downright disappointing. They are nothing compared to the actual textures of Minecraft armor and tools and if every MCreator mod used these default textures, then I would understand why MCreator gets such a bad rep. Why can't the texture generator make textures that look identical to that of those in Vanilla Minecraft, but with a different color? The only reason I'm using this feature is because it generates its own textures, and yet these textures are not even worth even using.

Last seen on 19:24, 18. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1 - from what I know…
Fri, 08/06/2021 - 15:24

1 - from what I know mcreator doesn't has a bad rep and its probably the only one (or the best) at what its doing

2 - Textures arren't the same as in minecraft because of right issues so they replaced everything, hence you can see the classic minecraft textures in the old versions of mcreator

3 - if you want to use the same textures as minecraft (or maybe edit them before) you can go in your minecraft.versions files,

select a version and open the java file of the version with a software like WinRar to take the textures then use a software like paint or photoshop to edit the textures.

@maxpingouin explained it…
Wed, 08/11/2021 - 07:05

@maxpingouin explained it really well. I will add a note as this may help a bit, as the program supports generated textures its always best to make your own with a photo editor like GIMP or Pain.net both are free applications and support transparency I use the second one as its for windows but GIMP is cross platform. You can also obtain the base game resources using WinRAR or 7Zip from your minecraft jar however this requires you to own a copy of the game and have it installed to obtain the .jar file, this is under versions, for the most part Mojang is mostly relaxed with the community using the game files however even though they don't do anything I should note that it does state in the Eula not to distribute any of the resources from the game, this is not limited to textures but also models, sounds, code, etc. which is why its best to learn some skills in pixel art to so you can make your own textures for your mods.

You can check out this tutorial on Blockbench for creating resources not just limited to Blockbench and models but texture creation as well. It should be a good place to get your started making your own resources.

https://www.blockbench.net/wiki/guides/minecraft-style-guide