Leggings piece has a strange model overlapping the chest piece... (Texture problem)

Started by Mouldycarnaval6 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:04, 31. Oct 2021
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Leggings piece has a strange model overlapping the chest piece... (Texture problem)
Tue, 10/12/2021 - 01:37 (edited)

I'm having a issue texturing some leggings for a dynamic clothing mod I wanted to make for the Doctor Who Regeneration mod, so that if you regenerate into one of the funny joke skins, you can wear clothes and pretty much counter ruining serious gamer moments. Plus, it just makes Regeneration feel more smooth when you don't regenerate into some new cloths that are apart of the skin.

The issue I'm having is that there's a weird model that appears when I throw the leggings onto the player character and it's apart of the 2nd texture layer for the leggings. I've rearranged the UVs and tried to change the blockbench model, but it ultimately boils down to the 2nd layer texture. I'll leave some screenshots below to show what I'm talking about. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'd gladly appreciate it if someone could help me out.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FuoBMkj2UzEONuqVe_4OkuWpZrr5g9n…

Edited by Mouldycarnaval6 on Tue, 10/12/2021 - 01:37
Last seen on 15:24, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Again and again this will…
Tue, 10/12/2021 - 07:39

Again and again this will always be a problem

When you prepare your Blockbench file (in this case leggings) leave Layers for two legs and build your custom armour exactly over legs. You can hide layers if not needed but leave them to know how to build your custom item

Do not change texture position from top left corner of Blockbench just colour it or make it smaller or bigger if neede but don't change its position

This way it will work

Last seen on 20:04, 31. Oct 2021
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ah, I see. Thank you…
Tue, 10/12/2021 - 21:02

Ah, I see. Thank you WoodCreatures. Sorry I didn't get it at first. I spent quite a bit of time playing with it and I am a new user, so I just cracked and headed to the fourms for help.