Custom log decided to break itself with a missing texture after applying the log rotation option.

Started by MCAlexisYT on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 20:02, 22. Dec 2023
Joined Dec 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom log decided to break itself with a missing texture after applying the log rotation option.
Wed, 02/23/2022 - 19:46 (edited)

This was posted because I can't file a bug report ticket.

So, I was making a mod that basically multiplies the default resolution of the vanilla textures by itself (by 16) and puts it as blocks. I won't do every single block, but since this mod is best experienced with the Bits and Chisels mod on Fabric, I did the most basic building blocks in vanilla Minecraft. But when I applied the log rotation mechanics to it, it collapsed. The block in question looks fine as a dropped item and in the inventory, but fails in block form. (The weird names in the video are because of placeholders) Also, if you're wondering, the "ftbb" text in the F3 screen stands for "full texture bit blocks".

Video taken offline due to bad framerates

imgur.com/a/si92Yik

UPDATE: I solved this problem on my own by flipping the log's side texture sideways and basically flipped the entire thing on its side. Selected the "D/U/N/S/W/E Player side" rotation option.

Edited by MCAlexisYT on Wed, 02/23/2022 - 19:46