Please help me :( My trees are floating!

Started by braelin777 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:30, 29. Nov 2023
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Please help me :( My trees are floating!

Hello everyone! I'm working on a mod that adds like 8 new dimensions, hundreds of mobs, etc. It's gonna be big. So far I have 3 dimensions basically done as far as the terrain goes. Anyways, the 4th one is called "The Woodlands" and as you might imagine, it's a sort of enchanted forest dimension with a few different similar biomes. Anyways let me get to the point. Some of the trees are floating, overhanging on corners, and some are even like 20 blocks off the ground. I am at a loss. I have been watching tutorials and trouble shooting for about 2 days and have read literally every thing on here about floating trees/structures (Yes, my trees are custom structures/schematics.) And I don't know what else I can do. Here's a list of some things I have tried:

-Changing the restriction block to the top layer grass, AND the second dirt layer.

-I've tried numerous different procedures, and I will attach pictures of some of them. 

-And a lot more. 

I will attach some pictures of how the trees are generating, and how I want them to generate. 

This is how I want them to spawn: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2022/12/1/1647897803-good-gen.jpg&n…;

This is what the floating trees are doing: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2022/12/1/1647897798-completely-flo…

This is what the overhanging trees are doing: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2022/12/1/1647897798-hanging-off-co…

I'm really desperate for help guys. I can NOT have floating trees in this dimension. Especially this one. There were a few random ones in the floating island dimensions but I was okay with it. But not here. I need these trees to stay on the ground. What I was thinking is maybe there is some procedure that would check if the block is wood, AND if the block below the wood is air, then it would replace the air with the wood all the way until it reaches the ground. I'm not super super advanced in coding, so I don't know how to do this. Or if this would even be possible. Please someone help me :(

@Klemen

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
yeah but how do i know what…
Sun, 04/03/2022 - 04:25

yeah but how do i know what the center values are? like how did u end up with -3, -2, -3? 

If you have structure block…
Sun, 04/03/2022 - 06:23

If you have structure block bound to the tree, you just need to count how far stem is from the edge. 

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
oh lol😂 it actually seems to…
Sun, 04/03/2022 - 13:46

oh lol😂 it actually seems to have fixed like 80% of the trees.. which is better than it was before so thanks :)