Please help me :( My trees are floating!

Started by braelin777 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:30, 29. Nov 2023
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Please help me :( My trees are floating!

Hello everyone! I'm working on a mod that adds like 8 new dimensions, hundreds of mobs, etc. It's gonna be big. So far I have 3 dimensions basically done as far as the terrain goes. Anyways, the 4th one is called "The Woodlands" and as you might imagine, it's a sort of enchanted forest dimension with a few different similar biomes. Anyways let me get to the point. Some of the trees are floating, overhanging on corners, and some are even like 20 blocks off the ground. I am at a loss. I have been watching tutorials and trouble shooting for about 2 days and have read literally every thing on here about floating trees/structures (Yes, my trees are custom structures/schematics.) And I don't know what else I can do. Here's a list of some things I have tried:

-Changing the restriction block to the top layer grass, AND the second dirt layer.

-I've tried numerous different procedures, and I will attach pictures of some of them. 

-And a lot more. 

I will attach some pictures of how the trees are generating, and how I want them to generate. 

This is how I want them to spawn: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2022/12/1/1647897803-good-gen.jpg&n…;

This is what the floating trees are doing: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2022/12/1/1647897798-completely-flo…

This is what the overhanging trees are doing: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2022/12/1/1647897798-hanging-off-co…

I'm really desperate for help guys. I can NOT have floating trees in this dimension. Especially this one. There were a few random ones in the floating island dimensions but I was okay with it. But not here. I need these trees to stay on the ground. What I was thinking is maybe there is some procedure that would check if the block is wood, AND if the block below the wood is air, then it would replace the air with the wood all the way until it reaches the ground. I'm not super super advanced in coding, so I don't know how to do this. Or if this would even be possible. Please someone help me :(

@Klemen

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
it might be blurry so u can…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 01:30

it might be blurry so u can jus download it if u need 

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
is there some sort of…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 01:37

is there some sort of procedure that could just check if the block in the dimension/biome is wood, AND if the block below the wood is air (aka just a floating tree) then it would replace the air with wood all the way until it reaches the ground? would that be possible?

Last seen on 13:37, 4. May 2024
Joined Dec 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok try this, turn off random…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 03:03

Ok try this, turn off random structure rotation and then set the spawn offset of the tree structure to Y-1

Joined Dec 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
also, turn off that block…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 03:12

also, turn off that block spawn restriction, and make sure you create a new world when testing.

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
do u mean y = -1? or y = 1? …
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 20:03

do u mean y = -1? or y = 1? \

and about the turning off the restriction, then the trees could spawn on stone and stuff and i dont want that either :( but ill try lol. id rather have a few trees spawning on stone than half of them floating in the sky lmao XD

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
also i do create new worlds…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 20:05

also i do create new worlds everytime lmaooo

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
okay so when i change those…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 20:14

okay so when i change those settings u told me to change, they spawn wayyyy less frequently (didnt change spawn rate), some are now 2-3 blocks burried in the ground, but some r still floating :( 

im sorry if this is getting annoying for u or something but i rly wanna get this right.. is there a way to do that procedure i mentioned earlier? 

Joined Dec 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I really don't understand…
Tue, 03/29/2022 - 14:53

I really don't understand what's going wrong, you have everything correct. Delete the tree structure in MCreator and recreate it the same way you had it before but with a different name, that should be the final fix, if it doesn't work then i don't know what the problem is.

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
yeah man idk either :( ill…
Wed, 03/30/2022 - 00:38

yeah man idk either :( ill try that i guess

Last seen on 01:25, 4. May 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The error is here    It…
Sat, 04/02/2022 - 11:17

The error is here 

It looks like the tree has a dimension of x=7,y=12,z=7 ... try changing the marked values from the screenshot to -3, -2, -3.

Why? The tree is not centered with the structure block, meaning that the structure block is somewhere on top of the grass at the same level as the base of the tree. The first and last -3's will position the tree at the center of where the structure block (not visible) should be, while the -2 will position the tree deeper in the grass (just in case, you can also change it to -1 or -3 if needed). And finallt, I hope you did not forget to surround the tree with structure void.

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes lol i filled it with…
Sat, 04/02/2022 - 12:20

Yes lol i filled it with voids. I’ll try this as soon as I’m home bro thanks! :D Question tho.. I have like 10 different kinds of trees that spawn here so how do I figure out what to set the off set values to? Like how do you know to set it to -3, -2, -3? Is there like an equation to figure that out? Sorry lol I don’t wanna be a bother😅

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Okay so I tried it and i don…
Sat, 04/02/2022 - 12:34

Okay so I tried it and i don’t really see any floating trees but now since the y offset is -2, they spawn pretty deep into the ground :( That’s not nearly as bad, is there a way to jus make them all sit flush on the ground?  

Last seen on 01:25, 4. May 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You set the values (in…
Sat, 04/02/2022 - 18:00

You set the values (in MCreator) according to the size of the box in the sructure block (in game) settings. It sould mostly be a  negative value in the x and z axis (half of the number of the settings in the structure block). You could leave the Y offset of -2 on 0, I mostly put a little negative value ... just in case.