User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Flowers and Plants Mod Logistic Suggestions

Hello all!

I've wanted to make a plant mod for minecraft for so long! And now I'm finally getting down to business. I mainly consider myself a pixel artist; i've made a few plant textures so far and I'm super happy with how they're looking. While the mod is mainly for aesthetic purposes, I also want there to be work involved with finding and farming these new plants. It's much more rewarding that way and I'd like to think this mod could add fun gameplay hours and not just exist to look nice. Also, all these flowers will be smeltable into dye to add farmable dye to minecraft!

So, these plants will be generating in vanilla biomes, some plants being rarer than others. You can of course harvest plants from their spawn location, but I also want a way to grow and farm them. Something a little more in depth than just right clicking with bone meal, for instance. My inclination is to kind of treat these plants as crops, having them drop seeds and growing them up. But the issue with that is this plant would need to be able to be placed on farm land and regular grass. If you can plant it full grown on regular grass, it would be infinitely and instantly farmable. 

I have dreams of adding a pollen item and actually propagating these plants scientifically through pollination, but I think that would be way too complicated for my skillset.

As of now, I have a simple crafting recipe to multiply your plants. One plant+bonemeal+honeycomb = 4 plants, but, i'm not really satisfied with this.

Also to note, I know there are a lot of plant and flower mods out there, but in all my searching I haven't found one with sophisticated textures, is updated, and is for fabric. (i'll be making this in forge too, but I currently play on a fabric modded server)

Thanks everyone! I will also take any other suggestions relating to what you want to see in a plant mod! 

Last seen on 21:21, 31. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i would think it would be…
Fri, 09/23/2022 - 14:47

i would think it would be great that you put a list on what you already added, so i would know what not, but violets and maybe jacaranda trees (with oak log) could spawn in forest, with the jacaranda leaves being purple. And a cyan rose to add a natural way to get cyan dye, and continuing with that, a white sage to get a natural grey dye, you could also make an olive bush, strawberry bush, raspebrry bush etc. A beige or peach dye and variations and with it, hibiscus to make it. That's all for now.