Biome Generation

Started by TheVoidShadows on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:34, 2. Oct 2023
Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Biome Generation

So in previous versions of MCreator, biomes generated properly with exception to Oceans, now, however, in the most recent version of mcreator, my custom biomes only spawn in small patches and bleed into other biomes, sort of like how rivers work. 

What have I attempted?

I've played around with tags, biome base height and height variation, so far nothing has worked.

The biome seems to generate at the edge of swamps regardless of what I do, and the biome is always a tiny little patch OR an almost river-like generation where it cuts a thin strip through another biome. (By thin strip, I mean only 3-4 blocks wide at most.)

I'm at a loss here. Anyone familiar with how 1.19.2 biome generation works and can help me to understand it better?

Last seen on 15:58, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can either mess around…
Sun, 11/20/2022 - 18:46

You can either mess around with valueus until you fix it, or otherwise use this plugin and save yourself the trouble.

Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'll give it a try again but…
Mon, 11/21/2022 - 02:17

I'll give it a try again but I've had nothing but issues using your plugin as well. That, and I was more so hoping for an explanation or a way to set up biomes properly without being pitched a plugin. I'd like the mod to be as independent as possible.

Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I found the issue. Minecraft…
Mon, 11/21/2022 - 03:29

I found the issue. Minecraft biome weights musta changed. Had to increase the biome weight to 20 to get the biome to generate as most other biomes.

Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nope still doing it. The…
Mon, 11/21/2022 - 03:58

Nope still doing it. The biome spawns more frequently, but still primarily spawns in tiny patches.

It doesn't make sense.

Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Biome Weight 10 makes the…
Mon, 11/21/2022 - 04:04

Biome Weight 10 makes the biome nearly nonexistent and, when it does generate, it generates in very small patches
Biome weight 15 spawns more frequently but still generates in tiny patches
Biome weight 18, spawns as frequently as I intended it to, but spawns in small patches. It is almost like the vanilla biome is taking priority over my biomes whenever the biome attempts to generate. It generates but it is split up into small patches with a vanilla biome mixing with it rather than being 1 single biome.