Is there a way to revoke an advancment using a procedure? SOLVED

Started by Estam on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:07, 23. Apr 2023
Joined Jul 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is there a way to revoke an advancment using a procedure? SOLVED
Wed, 03/08/2023 - 21:56 (edited)

THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED

Hello people of Mcreator, i'm trying to remove the vanilla advancments from the game. 

I have tried making an advancment with the same name but since the namespace is automatically mod_id: and not minecraft: that doesn't seem to work.

Now i'm trying to make a procedure that runs forever and removes the advancment immediately once the conditions are met. I can't find a procedure block that removes advancments tho, only those who grant them. 

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

HOW I SOLVED THIS

i've made a procedure which runs when a player gets an advancment which executes "/advancement revoke @s from minecraft:story/root" and thus "removes" the whole advancement tab from the game. You will still complete the "removed" advancements but you won't get the pop up and the tabs won't show up in the advancment window. The advancements will just show up in chat. This is useful if you want to completely redo the advancment system from the ground up and have a clean advancment tree. I tried this both in creative with cheats enabled and in survival with no cheats and it seems like it works in both.

NOTE: this hasn't been tested on servers but I believe it should work

Edited by Estam on Wed, 03/08/2023 - 21:56
Last seen on 04:13, 6. May 2023
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I dont know how youre…
Thu, 03/09/2023 - 00:27

I dont know how youre removing it constantly. but try not to have it run each tick cause that will lag the game. not much but it will add up

have the procedure run whenever a player gets an advancement. if you can check for which advancement they got even better.