User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Healp For Colored Lights With Particles And Info Shimmer API
Wed, 04/05/2023 - 17:50 (edited)

I have been trying to do this by using particle generators and a lot of particles, and I have managed to do that. But it lagged a lot, also it wasn't that great and even though the particles were  very small they still rotated to the direction of the player. So could you heap me if there is another way of doing this, or can someone make a plugin that lets us make colored lights or change block colors. I studied and I know that getting colored lights is possible but very hard without shaders; but even if we can't get that, can someone at least make a plugin that lets us use Shimmer API. It lets you to do colored lighting in Minecraft 1.19. Even if somebody doesn't make the plugin can they at least help me with how to do it.

Thank You :-) 

WHY DO WE NEED COLORED LIGHTS:

1) What could we do with colored lights:   We can do shader like mods using raytracing procedures, give stunting visuals to our mods when combined with the custom sky and gecko lib plugin.
2) What can this do for the developers:    Better Mcreator mods mean more downloads; and more downloads mean more donations, finally more donation mean better and faster Mcreator development. 
3) What would this let me accomplish.    This would let me accomplish our huge space mod that we made with my friends let us finish the development, and it took almost one year, so when I mean huge I mean huge. (we still can do it with out the colored lights but it would just not be like how we imagined and we are going to release when we feel like we have accomplished everything we imagined). Also this would effect the second reasoning for why do we need colored lights. 

Here is this mod called Shimmer and it lets you do colored lighting and it works on Minecraft 1.19. (If someone can turn the Shimmer API into a Mcreator plugin this would be awesome) You can see some pics under. 

Jnm1LVVLyq17t0usimageimagegif

!!!!!!!! Next pics are NOT from Shimmer !!!!!!!!!

Color Lights Shader Texture Pack for Minecraft PE | Texture Packs For  Minecraft PE - MCPE Box | Light colors, Texture packs, Lights

And Some examples above (these are from early versions of game like 1.8 or 1.12 and they do not use any shaders).

Also this one is for more resound versions of the game like 1.18, but its a fabric mod.

Colored Lights (Fabric) - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

Edited by Modkheckjbc on Wed, 04/05/2023 - 17:50
Last seen on 02:18, 14. Apr 2023
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Update,  I tried a way…
Sun, 03/19/2023 - 04:21

Update, 

I tried a way around it and its impossible with out using display block entities that are in minecarft 1.19.3 (mcreator curranty only supports 1.19.2 and 1.18), or modifying vanilla shaders like Blue's Dynamic Lights. So until 1.20 support comes, we are not going to have colored lights.

Please let me know if you can create entities like display entitles that doesn't have a hitbox and can be placed incite a block and float with mcreator (their texture doesn't work if you make their hitbox 0). Or if you can make parties not follow the player's head or only stay at one location with out rotating. But the display entity version would be more reliable.

Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Or the first and the best…
Sun, 03/19/2023 - 04:28

Or the first and the best option "a plugin that lets us change block colors so that we can at least accomplish this with procedure blocks".

Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok, you can actually…
Wed, 04/05/2023 - 18:00

Ok, you can actually accomlish colored lights with shimmer. I looked at their git hub and you can edit these colored lights using JASON in the confusion files eaeasily. This mod is actually made for the players to change and edit the colored light perimeters of particles, blocks, players and if you try a little bit harder even other entities. You can actually use the command /shimmer auxiliary_screen in game to get a sneak peek of the wonderful colored light but you need to change it in the conformation files to make it permanent. The only problem is I do not know JASON, so please help me. 

Last seen on 04:46, 14. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
is there a way to change…
Sat, 12/02/2023 - 04:32

is there a way to change color lights on 1.20? (mcreator 2023)

Last seen on 02:16, 20. Apr 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@modkheckjbc basically what…
Tue, 03/26/2024 - 22:36

@modkheckjbc basically what you need to do with shimmer is open its jar with either 7zip or WinRAR and look for the shimmer folder and extract a copy of the shimmer.json inside. once you have a copy saved, open it with an editor like notepad++ and change the values of the colors you are going to use (alpha channel stays at 200) and also make sure to look toward the bottom of the file where the colors are referenced via mod id's. if you are unable to find the json you can dm and I will help you out further.