Issue with GeckoLib - Returned and Looped animations don't trigger when you re-enter a world after they've been started

Started by Unknown_000 on

Topic category: Plugins and third-party tools

Last seen on 06:07, 31. Jan 2024
Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Issue with GeckoLib - Returned and Looped animations don't trigger when you re-enter a world after they've been started

Hi, I would like to know if this problem can be solved:

When I enter a world and the animations of a mob called by the procedures placed in the "Play returned animation" and in the "Loop external animations", in the "Animations" section of the "Animated Entity" element, are triggered and then I exit the world but when I re-enter it, even if the conditions are satisfied, the animation that should be started and looped is not triggered.

I have both the latest version of MCreator and both the Nerdy's GeckoLib Plugin.

Thanks in advance, waiting for an answer.

P.S. Also in other versions of both the plugin and Mcreator I had the same problem.

Last seen on 06:15, 28. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I never used the returned…
Sun, 06/11/2023 - 10:13

I never used the returned Animation or Looping Animation Procedere Blocks. For what are you using them? What Kind of Animation of Block or mob are they bring used in your case? I might be able to find something regarding this issue if I get some specifications. One Thing I Do know is that Mcreators enters a World or leaves a World triggern aswell as the enters dimension/leaves Dimension advancement triggers sometimes dont work properly and dont triggers their Events. 

Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I would like to use "Play…
Sun, 06/11/2023 - 12:32

I would like to use "Play returned animation" and "Loop external animations" to start and loop an animation where my entity is sitting. These are the procedures I use:

1. Procedure for "Play returned animation":

2. Procedure for "Loop external animations":

And then they go there:

Last seen on 06:15, 28. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So you are trying to make an…
Sun, 06/11/2023 - 18:01

So you are trying to make an entity be able to sit down. I think I know something how to add that Animation. 

Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Practically yes, by any…
Sun, 06/11/2023 - 21:24

Practically yes, by any chance you refer to using the NBT tag "sitting" which is already built into every tameable entity?

Last seen on 13:44, 3. May 2024
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
check if you die the…
Tue, 06/13/2023 - 18:36

check if you die the animation updates?