Welcome to the Forgotten Material's Mod page
Forgotten Material's adds more of a use for items that were previously, viewed as, quite literary useless. As this is the very first release version of it, there are currently only 2 tool sets. The first is "Greeniron" the ingot required for making Greeniron tools is made out of an emerald surrounded by 4 iron which gives you 4 Greeniron Ingots. Greeniron tools have 4x the durability of iron tools, making them a sutible replacement for diamond tools should you be unable to get enough diamonds. Greeniron armour (planned/not yet added in) has various buffs for each piece of armour, a Greeniron chestplate gives you resistance 1 for example. while im still figuring out the basic plans for each im trying to make it worthwhile to make yet not unbalanced or overpowered. so once i add in the armors if you feel that any of them need to be nerfed/buffed. Say so in the comments and i'll see if i can make a poll so people can agree/disagree on it (majority rules), same thing if you'd like a tool nerfed/buffed. And as always any mod suggestions are welcome*.
*Except for bows, i'd already started making the textures for them but then realised mcreator doesn't have a bow feature yet. so until that's available bows are off the menu, although soon as they add bows i'll start making some.First Ever Update - Version 1.1
- added the reinforced gold tool set with a unique sword. reinforced gold has 2x irons durability and golds enchantment rates
- fixed up some of the damage values and recipes.
- red iron tools now have a small block mining speed boost in addition to 2x durability and a little bit more damage
- added a new "combo ingot" named "royal gold"
- the new royal gold ingot can be used to create much stronger variants of gear for example...
- royal gold tools possess a more powerful speed boost than the regular red iron. they have 4x irons durability and have golds enchantment rates.
- for now there is only one royal gold tool, the royal gold pickaxe. although every update no matter what the update adds in there will always be a new ingot combo or ingot combo tool.
- added a todo list at the end of the mod page containing various ideas and their progress. i'll update this at least once every 2 days.
To do list. NSY=Not started yet NI=No idea how complete it is E= Estimate of how much is completed
- Create material themed mobs (for example: a "reaper" wielding a modified rediron hoe. as everyone i've shown this mod to says the hoe looks like something a murderer would use) - NI
- Make some material/mob themed dungeons with mod loot. - NSY
- Make armor - NSY
- New Ingot combo/tool for next update - NSY
- Make unqiue tool textures for all rediron and reinforced gold tools - NSY
- Start making a better website picture/logo whatever people want to call it.