Check the regularly-updated changelog to see what's coming soon!
Hey, do you like Steampunk? Then this mod is for you! Also Cosmic Horror, which this mod has elements of.
List of stuff and stuff functionality:
- Boiler - Can be changed to its Activated form by pouring Water on top of it and then using a Flint and Steel on it, Activated form will hopefully provide Redstone power in later versions.
- Gilded Planks - Function identically to normal planks but .05 harder. Every wood type has a gilded version. Easier to mine with an Axe, but can be obtained with hands
- Eldritch Ground - Basically just Grass but 1 harder.
- Eldritch Crystal - Functions like Stone but stronger. Can be used as a beacon base. Tints Beacon Beams bright purple. Requires an Iron Pickaxe to mine.
- Lead Ore - Similar to Iron Ore but with .5 higher Hardness and Blast Resistance. Requires a Stone Pickaxe to mine.
- Block of Lead - 3.5 Hardness and Blast Resistance. Requires a Stone Pickaxe to mine.
- Brass Ore - Similar to Iron Ore but with .25 higher Hardness and Blast Resistance. Can only be found in River and Ocean biomes. Requires a Stone Pickaxe to mine.
- Block of Brass - 3.25 Hardness and Blast Resistance. Requires a Stone Pickaxe to mine.
- Crucible - 5 Hardness and Blast Resistance. Requires an Iron Pickaxe to mine.
- Eldritch Slime Block - 0 Hardness and Blast Resistance. Incredibly slippery. Can be mined with anything.
- Lead Trapdoor/Door - 3.5 Hardness and Blast Resistance. Work like their Iron counterparts. Require a Stone Pickaxe to mine.
- Brass Trapdoor/Door - 3.25 Hardness and Blast Resistance. Work like their Iron counterparts. Require a Stone Pickaxe to mine.
- Lead Bars - 1 Hardness and 10 Blast Resistance. Works like the Iron version. Requires a Stone Pickaxe to mine.
- Stone Column - 1.5 Hardness and 6 Blast Resistance. Has Log rotation. Requires a Wooden Pickaxe to mine.
- Eldritch Stone Column - 1.5 Hardness and 6 Blast Resistance. Has Log rotation. Emits End Rod particles. Requires a Wooden Pickaxe to mine.
- Stone Door - 1.5 Hardness and 6 Blast Resistance. Works like a Wooden Door. Requires a Stone Pickaxe to mine.
- Slime Drainer - 3.5 Hardness and 3.5 Blast Resistance. When right-clicked with a Block Of Slime, Honey Block or Eldritch Slime Block, Drainer fills with the item version which can be collected with right-click. Honey requires a bottle to collect. Requires a Stone Pickaxe to mine.
- Eldritch Gem - Can be crafted into Eldritch Crystals
- Lead Ingot - Can be crafted into Lead blocks and weapons.
- Brass Ingot - Can be crafted into Lead blocks and weapons.
- Eldritch Slimeball - Can be crafted into Eldritch Slime blocks.
- Dimensional Crosser - Opens portals to the Eldritch Dimension when used on a frame made from Quartz Blocks.
- Mysterious Note - Unlocks the Dimensional Crosser recipe.
- Eldritch Fish - "Food". Makes you 5 points hungrier and applies six status effects; Night Vision, Strength, Health Boost, Bad Omen, Slowness and Bad Luck. Obtained by taking a Raw Cod into the Eldritch Dimension.
- Lead Apple - Don't try this at home.
- Lead Sword - Deals 9 damage. Attacks with half speed. Can be used 131 times.
- Lead Axe - Deals 8 damage. Attacks with half speed. Can be used 131 times.
- Brass Sword - Deals 7 damage. Attacks with half speed. Can be used 250 times.
- Brass Axe - Deals 6 damage. Attacks with half speed. Can be used 250 times.
- Automaton (Giant) - Neutral. 30 Health. Deals 5 Damage. Drops 15 experience points and Coal.
- Automaton (Storage) - Passive. 10 Health. Functions like a moving chest, and follows the player if they hold some Coal. Drops whatever was stored in it as well as a chest.
- Illager Machine - Hostile to Players, Villagers, Iron Golems and Snow Golems. 40 Health. Deals 7 Damage. Will hopefully spawn during Raids in later versions. Drops Coal.
- Nightmare - Neutral. 25 Health. Deals 5 Damage. Drops 15 experience points.
- Mind Flayer - Hostile towards Players, Giant Automatons, Iron Golems and Snow Golems. 50 Health. Deals 10 Damage. Drops 30 experience points.
- Living Island - Passive. Dies in one hit from anything. Has a tiny hitbox. Very slow.
- Monstrosity - Enormous. Can be summoned with a super-secret block. 200 Health. Drops 150 experience points. Immune to Fire and Drowning.
- Goggles - Have the same protection value as Leather Helmets. Can use any coloured glass. Brass in texture is purely cosmetic and doesn't appear in recipe.
- Diving Suit - Helmet has 2 protection and applies Water Breathing. Body has 3 protection and applies Haste. Leggings have 2 protection and apply Health Boost. Boots have 1 protection and apply Jump Boost. All parts apply Slowness.
- Eldritch Slime - Flows slightly slower than Water.
- Eldritch Plant - Found in Eldritch Dimension.
- Eldritch Dimension - Has plants, giant floating crystals, lakes of slime and several mobs.
- Eldritch Crystals - Giant floating crystals found in the Eldritch Dimension. Quite rare.
- Lab - Found underground in all Overworld biomes. Includes a chest with a high chance to contain a Mysterious Note.
- Lead Blocks placed on top of Eldritch Slime Blocks are instantly broken
- Lead Bars have the wrong Hardness and Blast Resistance stats
- Required Pickaxe for Stone Door and Slime Drainers are wrong (should be Wood instead of Stone)
- Illager Machine doesn't drop any Experience
- Diving Suit body doesn't have hand textures
- 9 new blocks: Boiler, Gilded Planks (for each wood), Eldritch Ground and Eldritch Crystal.
- 5 new mobs: Automaton (Giant), Automaton (Storage), Illager Machine, Nightmare and Mind Flayer.
- 16 new armours: Goggles (plain, as well as 15 dyed versions) and Diving Suit.
- 4 new TOP SECRET advancements.
- 1 new plant: Eldritch Plant.
- 1 new dimension: Eldritch Dimension.
- 2 new structures: Eldritch Crystal and Underground Lab
- 11 new blocks: Lead Ore, Block of Lead, Brass Ore, Block of Brass, Crucible, Glowing Crucible, Eldritch Slime Block, Lead Bars, Lead Door, Lead Trapdoor, Brass Door, Brass Trapdoor, Stone Door and Slime Drainer
- 1 new mob: Living Island
- 1 new liquid: Eldritch Slime
- 6 new items: Eldritch Gem, Lead Ingot, Brass Ingot, Harpoon, Eldritch Fish, Eldritch Slimeball, Mysterious Note and Lead Apple
- 8 new advancements: "That's Not Smoke..." for placing a boiler, "... It's Steam!" for activating one, "I Stab At Thee!" for crafting a Harpoon Gun, "En Guarde!" and "Excessive Force" for crafting the new swords, "Taking The Lead" and "Getting Down To Brass Tacks" for smelting the new ores and "The Specimen" for obtaining a Crucible.
- 5 hidden advancements
- 4 new weapons: Harpoon Gun, Brass/Lead Swords/Axes
- 8 new recipes: Dimension Crosser, Lead Ingot, Block of Lead, Brass Ingot, Block of Brass, Harpoon Gun, Harpoon and Boiler
- 1 new boss: The Monstrosity
- Completely re-made the Eldritch Dimension Portal Igniter
- Renamed it to Dimension Crosser
- Created a new animated texture
- Eldritch Dimension advancement uses the Dimension Crosser as its icon instead of Eldritch Ground
- Updated the textures of all 15 Goggle varieties to be more consistent.
- Updated the Diving Suit texture to look slightly more like the real-life Standard Diving Dress, while also changing the recipe to make it fit the new design
- Each part of the Diving Suit now applies a different effect, with the Helmet applying 1 Water Breathing, the Suit applying 2 Haste, the Leggings applying 2 Health Boost and the Boots applying -2 Jump Boost, all pieces also apply slowness II
- Changed the border block for Eldritch portals from Soul Sand to Quartz
- Mind Flayers no-longer have health bars
- Nightmares no longer apply potion effects
- This role is now taken by the Eldritch Fish item, which applies different effects, three of which are positive and three of which are negative
- Fixed some bugs
- Fixed the Diving Helmet crashing the game, allowing the "Mr. Bubbles?" advancement to be obtained.
- Fixed Boilers pointing the wrong way when activated while simultaneously making the procedure slightly less complex
1.1.0 (in development)
- 2 new mobs: Octopus and Glowing Octopus
- 1 new item: Glow Sac
- 3 new blocks: Iron, Brass and Lead Gears
- 1 new cosmetic armour: Brass Arm
- Added a somewhat-interesting way of spawning Automatons
- Eldritch Stone Columns no longer emit particles, since it didn't look very good.
- Removed Slime Drainers and Lead Bars because they were causing compilation errors.
- Removed the Harpoon Launcher due to it not fitting with the mod's aesthetic, as well as the projectile being improperly orientated.
- Re-balanced Illager Machines
- Reduced attack damage to 4
- Reduced health to 25
- Changed the hitbox so they have a shorter range
- Renamed Harpoon to Spear and decreased its damage output from 8 to 6.5 in order to better balance it.
- Fixed several issues
- Illager Machines now drop experience
- Made it so that Illager Machines don't spawn in Ocean, Mushroom and River biomes
- Gave the Diving Suit Body hand textures
- Removed some unused textures and models