Minecraft has more than enough foods to begin with- what it lacks are proper meals, or, say, any incentive to eat something other than steak or golden carrots. This mod adds a new system with which to make meals out of various ingredients, which have chances of granting special status effects. In addition, players can gain a special new status effect by eating a more diverse array of foods, or be inflicted with a new negative status effect by eating the same foods over and over again.
In addition to meals and the new nutrition system, players can now harvest and farm apples using apple blossom blocks, which can be found in apple trees and bushes in certain biomes. Players can harvest rice from rivers and swamps, and can make cheese by smelting milk, which can be aged to increase its potency. Finally, some new Ancient Plants and Foods make sniffers handier; and both new and old plants grant unique status effects, giving them a function in addition to just lookin' awesome.
This is my first proper mod- and while I’ve got quite a few ideas, I wanted to begin by trying something that would necessitate a lot of different skills to make. I’m pretty pleased with the end result, and excited to work on more ideas, with the end goal of making a Vanilla+ style modpack.
Now includes compatibility for Mindthemood's Ashen Remains, and Porcelain Plates, (pictured below), with Amazing Archeology (Mindthemood's Bits, Bobs, & Buildings); a new decorative block capable of storing any food item, with unique 3D models for each! (These can also be obtained in Survival Mode without the Mod installed.) If you exclusively want the apple related features, check out 'Only Apples.' For more information on specific foods, the nutrition system, and misselaneous changes, check out the Curseforge Page!
- Fixed minor bug; cheeses, apple crisps, pumpkin pies, and melon tarts will now break if submerged in water or if unsupported.
- Bugfixes for Tarts, Pies, and Crisps, (which can no longer be placed on non-solid blocks, with the exception of stairs and slabs)
- Additions to Village Loot Tables to include modded food items.
- Bugfixes for Apple Blossoms, which can now be right-clicked like regular building blocks.
- Added Compatibility for 'Mindthemood's Ashen Remains'
- Apple Blossoms can now be pollinated by bees. (However, this does not increase their growth speed.)
- Added Porcelain Plates when used with 'Amazing Archeology,' giving 3D models for every single food item in the game. (Modded and otherwise)
- More bugfixes for Tarts, Pies, and Crisps.
- Added gamerule to enable/disable the nutrition system. Though, seeing as the Nutrition system is kind of the whole basis for adding more foods to the game, maybe don't touch it, alright?
- Massively improved the Recipe Book! Which is to say, I've added a recipe book!
- Various other tweaks, including some recipe adjustments and bugfixes. Also, Dill Relish and Chocolate Sauce can now actually be prepared.
- Added new updated features to the 1.18.2 version.
- Rebalanced all foods. Previously, all saturation levels were triple the desired value.
- Added corn and related items.
- Added Russian and Ukranian translations. (Courtesy of Roothot and Tigryla_UA respectively)
- Added optional 'Potion Sickness' system to discourage spamming potions in favor of food status effects.
- Updated mod to version 1.19.4
- Added ancient plants and cool new status effects for ancient plants.
- Updated to 1.20.1
- More misselaneous fixes for stupid rice stalks/recipe book.