MCreator for Minecraft 1.11.2 is finally there. We call it MCreator 1.7.5 (yes, we skipped two versions, more about this in full article). It supports importing old workspaces so you can quickly update your mods, the user interface has been improved, field validation system has been introduced and many other changes have been made.
The first thing I would like to discuss is why this version is called 1.7.5 and not 1.7.3. We have decided to leave two version numbers for another Minecraft 1.7.10 and another Minecraft 1.10.2 update. These two updates will retrofit some of the changes of this update so we keep the most popular versions of MCreators up-to-date. We will also be doing some major changes to the website in the future and we will make sure that everything will stay compatible by releasing these updates.
The next thing I would like to point out is improved workspace importing system which now does some corrections to make events and everything compatible with 1.11.2 so you will be able to import all your workspaces in this MCreator without any problems. Code locking system has been added. Now user can lock the mod file and if he does so, MCreator won't touch its code so one can edit the code of the mod and this code will stay intact even when switching workspaces.
We have also done multiple UI changes. Many wizards have improved interface. New field validation system has been added. This system checks all the fields in the form of mod creation wizard to make sure all values are correct. If this is not the case, it will mark incorrect fields so you can quickly identify the problem or incorrect value and fix it faster.
Another important change is offline mode for Gradle. If you have installed MCreator in area with internet connection, but then move somewhere where there is no internet connection (school, vacation, ...), you can tick an option in preferences to enable Gradle offline mode. With this mode on, you can compile and test your mods even if you don't have the internet connection.
We have fixed the code editor so now it works on computers with OSX or Linux. Block generation doesn't crash servers anymore, multitool type of tool now works. Recipe return amount was not saved in previous versions and now this bug is fixed.
You can see the full changelog of MCreator 1.7.5 below:
- Updated Minecraft Forge MDK to recommended version 2228 for Minecraft 1.11.2
- Updated recipe, overlay, fluid, food, achievement, biome, command, structure gen (schematic), armor, creative tab, plant, tool, item, block, GUI, fuel, mob, gun and dimension creation to Minecraft 1.11.2
- Added support for importing old workspaces in this version of MCreator with automatic event and code conversion
- Code can now be locked for MCreator, so it doesn't edit it when the lock is applied (useful for mod elements that have been modified from code editor)
- Improved external software management, MCSkin3D is now downloaded on the request
- Improved mod export process (mod name can now contain spaces)
- Improved Pylo sync screen, now it is not glitched on Unix systems
- Improved input field validaiton system
- MCreator relaunch when logging in or setting up is no more required
- Added option for offline gradle mode - if you setup MCreator with internet connection, you can later enable gradle offline mode in preferences and you can build mods without internet connection
- Many minor user interface improvements to ease mod creation
- Improved integrated image editor
- Improved some UI components
- [Bugfix] Code editor does not work on Mac and Linux computers
- [Bugfix] In some cases, MCreator reports that setup failed even though it has been properly installed
- [Bugfix] Multitool tool type didn't work
- [Bugfix] Block generation crashed Minecraft server
- [Bugfix] Recipe return amount was not saved
Please share this article with your friends so no one will miss this update of MCreator. Also, make sure to leave a comment bellow to tell us what is your favorite change, improvement or bugfix we made in MCreator 1.7.5. Stay tuned for the announced upcoming changes!