The first 2021.1 snapshot and the first release supporting Minecraft 1.16.4 is here. Some new features were added too. Read more about the snapshot in the article.
Version number - 2020.6 or 2021.1?
As you probably noticed, we are talking about 2020.6 and 2021.1. To clear up this confusion: the next full release will be called 2021.1, but as we are still in 2020 with the first snapshot, we need to call it this way (2020.6.xxxxx) for our update and versioning systems to work properly and have proper order. So while this snapshot is called 2020.6, this is actually the first snapshot of the 2021.1 release.
EAP 2020.6.52319 changelog
Major new features in this snapshot are highlighted with bold text.
- Updated bundled Java to version OpenJDK 8u275
- Added new many languages and improved existing translations
- Added 1.16.x data pack generator
- Added base support for Minecraft Forge 1.16.4 - 35.1.4
- [FG 1.16.4] Added support for mod elements: function, key binding, overlay, command, music disc, painting, potion, fluid, particle, enchantment, creative tab, fuel, tag, armor, ranged item, tool, food, GUI, structure spawn, plant, loot table, block, advancement, living entity, dimension, item, biome
- [FG 1.16.4] Added armor knockback resistance support
- [FG 1.16.4] Added smithing table recipes support
- [FG 1.16.4] Added tree type support for custom biome trees
- [FG 1.16.4] Added support for biome dependent custom dimension sky/fog/air color
- [D 1.16.x] Added dimension mod element to the data pack maker
- [D 1.16.x] Added biome mod element to the data pack maker
- Block direction procedure blocks now support log type rotations too
- Armor slot procedure blocks now work with all entity types, not just player
- Improved tag mod element preview icon
- Added a tool to easily explore and manage common tags
- [Bugfix, A 1.16.x] Fixed some mapping bugs
- [Bugfix] Portal igniter was shown on item list even if the portal of the dimension was disabled
- [Bugfix] Overlay image and label conditions did not work
- [Bugfix] If the recent workspaces list got corrupted, one could no longer open workspaces
- [Bugfix] Some other minor fixes and improvements
- Dimension ID and dimension comparison procedures may need to be redone in some cases
- Block, dimension portal, and plant elements now specify the light value in the range from 0-15. Existing workspaces will be upgraded automatically.
- [FG 1.16.4] Custom biome underground and ground blocks need forge:dirt Blocks tag for custom trees to generate
- Sand patches per chunk parameter may need to be redefined in custom biome mod elements
Next snapshot plans
The next snapshot will be focused mostly on fixing bugs related to the new Minecraft Forge 1.16.4 generator but we will add some new features too (actually, we have some quite neat features in the plan ;) ). We are asking all users to test this snapshot and report bugs, so 2021.1 will have as stable Minecraft 1.16.4 support as possible. We are also asking code contributors to help us with fixing bugs when they get found. Thank you to all for your help and support!
Make sure to tell us what you think about the update in the comments, test out the snapshot, and report bugs in the snapshot. Stay awesome!