This is a known issue, there are currently many identified causes.
You can try manually debugging and fixing this issue.
If the model renders as this broken/missing block
Then it is a missing texture/faulty model error. You can fix this issue by:
- Ensuring all texture files are pointing into the correct model
- Using the correct texture dimensions. Texture dimensions of the model need to be square with sizes of 16x16, 32x32, ... 256x256, ... 1024x1024 ... If your texture is not square, resize it to make it square and it will be then stretched back down.
Removing all the invalid characters in the model name.
Making sure you follow the correct UV texture standards.
Removing all textures that do not comply with the UV support limitations.
If your model renders correctly but you see a gray texture (The default texture)
Then it is a texture-not-loading error:
- This known issue is fixed in 2020.4, please upgrade to this version first
- Fix all the errors, if any, appearing in the above section
If your UV mapping is incorrect (messed up UV locations)
This issue is known to be a bug about the model loader, there are no known fixes, but you can try the following:
- Fix all the errors, if any, appearing in the above sections
If these do not depict your error clearly, you should read the see also and references section of this wiki below.