Supported MCreator versions
Plugin forum topic
About the plugin
File Manager is a plugin adding new procedure blocks allowing you to create and read your files!
Adding support for JSON files, this plugin allows you to create a config file or files to save data for your mod. This plugin has also more usage, but this is up to you to find them! :)
- TXT (simple file reader/writer)
- ZIP (5.7+)
- This version supports Forge 1.18.2, 1.19.2 and 1.19.4 and Fabric 1.19.2 and 1.19.4 (when it'll be updated)
The 2 following examples require File Manager 5.0 or after.
Create a JSON file
Read a JSON file
I made a tutorial covering this here.
Tutorial on sub-JSON objects by NorthWestTrees
Icon by Tobi-Wan#0482
Licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
- Appropriate credit must be provided to the creators and maintainers of this plugin.
- Forked versions of this plugin must be distributed under the same license as this with attribution if distributed.
- Changes must be stated if any modified works are to be distributed.
- Under no circumstances you can state that the original creator endorses modified works.
To see a complete changelog of the plugin, check this file.
* Added new ZIP related procedure blocks: ZIP a single file, ZIP multiple files from a list (Require ArrayLists), ZIP a folder and Unzip a file * Procedure blocks are now grouped depending on their usage * Note: This only work if "Smart sorting" is enabled in the preferences * Added new general file procedure blocks: Get file parent's path, Get file's path, Get temp directory, Is directory and Is file * Added 2 new categories: File Manager data and File Manager utils * [#32] Added a "Get current world's name" procedure block (Forge only) * [Bugfix] Add a new line for TXT files didn't work * [Bugfix] Path separator block wasn't inside a category
GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1 (LGPLv2.1)
Source code repository
Plugins may contain bugs, break workspaces, or alter the way MCreator operates. Plugins are not official or affiliated with Pylo in any way. In case of any copyright infringement or suspicious downloads, please let us know as soon as possible.
you gonna make a version for 2020.6?
I want to make space mod and I have a dimension called space; but the sky looks bad even though I set the time to be night all the time in the space dimension. Since there is still a moon on the sky. The resion I am telling you this is because you made some of the best MCreator plugins. So culd you please make a MCreator plugin that lets you change the sky (like on a biome or a dimension). Also my mod is on MCreator 2022.2; so I would be happy if you made the plugin for MCreator 2022.2 too.
This seems really useful but it's unfortunately won't work for any recent versions. Could you make a version for 2021.1 EAP (03117)?
Well I'm assuming this won't work for any recent versions seeing as the newest listed version is EAP 2020.5 35716
The plugin should load on the recent versions, but I'm currently working on an update incompatible with the latest version.
WAIT- did you just say CONFIGS!?
It should be work as a config.
did you just say configs lol
Did you check MCreator versions? 🤦♂️And yes you should be bale to do something like a config.
Thank you ^^
I make something like a config with this plugin!
I'm glad to hear it helps some users. :D
Nice logo! :D
Very cool!! But is there a way to use itemstack in a json file?
No, because ItemStack is a Minecraft variable type (a Minecraft class).
Only numbers, logic and strings are supported, you use display names of items this is a string value however you would need to add support when importing for the same item when reading the script. Item stacks are not really possible to convert back to after storing it into a string from sadly however if you use create text with you can convert a itemstack into a string you can work with but you still have the same issue with adding support for all items you want to work with. Maybe a block to convert strings to items stacks or air if fails would be a good side plugin to work with this plugin.
The Convert Block Probably Will Do The Trick!
Can anyone release a video explaining how to possibly make a config file with this? I am trying to make one but I seem to be failing at it. Thank you
Check the second screen. This is a small example of how to make a config file (but you can obviously separate the writing and the reading in several procedures).
I saw the second photo. I just don't understand how it works. I'm trying to make a config to where I can disable or enable my ores from spawning into the world kind of like how other mods work. So I can make them better compatible with each other.
Well i installed the plugin but i can't find the procedures...