Mob animations

Started by SkySwifty on Sat, 02/04/2017 - 00:23

Topic category: Help with MCreator's application

Last seen on 03:09, 23. Jun 2017
Joined Jan 2017
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Mob animations
Fri, 02/10/2017 - 19:07 (edited)

Hello. I have a problems with mob creating. Idk, may be i'm doing something wrong, but...

Techne can't afford animate models, then i've done it in MCAnimator.
When i load model in MCreator(.java model) i can't choose animations.

I've tried to make mob without animations, recompiling was crushed.

Should i load custom models only in .tcn or it doesn't matter?

I will add dragons, minotaurs, basilisks and etc.
Of course, i wanna see them animated.

What should i do?

Teach me, please, if you have the time :)

UPD: Help me, i would make dragons but i don't know how.

Edited by SkySwifty on Fri, 02/10/2017 - 19:07
Last seen on 18:52, 24. Aug 2018
Joined Dec 2016
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Techne can afford animated
Wed, 02/08/2017 - 18:11

Techne can afford animated models. You need to do it with Techne, but you can't load them with .tcn, so .java is actually right.  If you've chosen the model in MCreator for the mob, it usually opens a little window, where you can choose which bodypart of the Techne model you want to animate.

Last seen on 16:06, 25. Jul 2017
Joined Apr 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
I do not know what you are on
Wed, 02/08/2017 - 18:19

I do not know what you are on about but this is what I know:

When you have created a Techne model you can save it as 2 things:

1) A .tcn which can be loaded again and all that. This is how you save your model and go back to it later

2) A .java which cannot be edited or changed

When you are happy with your model, save it as .java. Then, import model when creating your mob in mcreator. After you have imported the model an animation box comes up on newer versions of MCreator. You can add 2 legs, 2 arms and a head.

You don't need to know about this part, but I though I'd include it anyway.

There are limits though, since when I used a wolf model, I had to use either the WolfHead or Nose as the head animation. So basically, the wolf either "looks" at you with its nose or looks at you with its head but its nose doesn't move. XD

Last seen on 03:09, 23. Jun 2017
Joined Jan 2017
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Thank you, guys. It works.
Fri, 02/10/2017 - 18:28

Thank you, guys. It works.

How can i create animated dragon? Idk how to make flying mob and animate wings and etc.

Now i have dragon scales and bones, dragonbone armor and weapons, but i don't have dragons :D