Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
All mobs and blocks in my mod got corrupted

i tried adding a creative tab for my mod and started adding all the items and blocks there one by one until suddenly for some reason all the blocks and entities in my mod got corrupted?? regenerating code or gradle doesnt help at all and it gives the same error and im just confused now because i didnt touch any of these elements for ages and i have no clue what could make them to suddenly stop compiling properly

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There are, unfourtanately,…
Sat, 10/21/2023 - 19:18

There are, unfourtanately, several reasons this could happen. The most common is that the caches MCreator uses to save and quickly load stuff may have become corrupted, giving you false compilation errors. If this was the case, you should refer to the MCreator knowledgebase for trouble shooting advice, it may be as simple as clearing and reloading the caches.

...If this doesn't solve the problem, there may be more serious issues. If the workspace is genuinely corrupted, you may need to try loading a backup. If you look in your MCreator workspaces, and open the workspace folder, you should find another file labeled 'mcreator,' which contains zip files with backups of the mod. (Backups can be made manually, and are made automatically whenever the workspace is updated to a new version.) You can copy the src, elements, and workspace file from the backup, and paste them into the main workspace, overriding the corrupted files.

If this also doesn't work, you may have more serious problems, and may need to take more drastic measures. However, it's probably something simpler. What kind of compilation errors are you getting? Could you give me an example?