Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)
Hello, I am new to modding as a whole, and I want to share my idea for a project that I have started to create. I want to "port" Ose Kurosawa from Project Zero: Maiden of The Black Water into Minecraft. I had the idea for this project after being immensely disappointed/annoyed by the influx of unoriginal Cave Dweller clones that are just simple reskins of Gargins mod with a new stick bug model and some new gimmicks. My idea was to have our ghost bride be different from the standard Cave Dweller clone and to be balanced for vanilla or vanilla+ survival while still providing the unsettling atmosphere of Project Zero. I can make fairly decent vanilla+ textures for mobs and items, but I have very little knowledge of how to code. So, I came here to ask if my ideas for bringing the Maiden of the Black Water into Minecraft are possible with the tools in MCcreator. Since I have heard that MCcreator has its limitations to what is possible within modding.
- Can I give Ose the incorporeal properties of a Vex and the ability to teleport? She is a ghost after all, and she can teleport close to the player in her home game.
- Is it possible for me to program other mobs such as Iron Golems, Zoglins, Johnny Vindicators, Untamed Axolotls, and Wardens to freeze or run away when she is present? My biggest gripe with Cave Dweller clones is that they have no AI for interacting with mobs, and that makes them more hilarious than scary. At the same time, I do not want Ose to simply kill them or cause them to despawn. My idea is that she rusts Iron Golems to temporarily disable them and that she causes Wild Axolotls to play dead until she despawns or is defeated. Zoglin and Johnny will simply run away from her.
- Is it possible for me to limit her spawning patterns to specific biomes ONLY in the Overworld after a certain number of in-game days? I plan for her to only be able to uncommonly spawn in Swamps, Mangroves, and Dripstone Caves, a new Mt. Hikami biome, and maybe a SUPER rare chance in Rivers, Beaches, and Deep Oceans at night after 20 in-game days. Since I do not want her to feel too intrusive or disruptive for general survival unlike Midnight Lurker or One Who Watches which can spawn everywhere at any time. The 20 days also give players time to get gear to survive or beat her.
- Can I give her a "no building up to cheese me" mechanic in which she summons 5 Drowend with Tridents to knock the player off their pillar, or one where she teleports to the player to push them off their pillar? Anti-pillaring mechanics are important to make a tough mob. However, I do not want it to feel too punishing or annoying like Man from The Fog's Infinite Lightning.
- Is it possible to make a config file? I have heard from many sources that MCcreator does not support config files, but I have seen mods such as John Reborn have a config, and it was made in MCcreator. I want to make the config contain the ability for players to customise her spawning frequency to their liking, the biomes that she can spawn in, and a "source material accurate" option that causes her to one-shot the player if she touches them just like how she does outside of her boss fight in her home game. The last option will be disabled by default.
- Is it possible for me to prevent her from spawning within a certain radius of the player's bed, or for her to despawn upon killing the player? This is to prevent her from spawn camping the player. Nobody likes horror mobs that spawn camp. They are not scary, just annoying.
- Is it possible for me to make her unable to enter boats or minecarts?
I know that I have put myself quite heavy, but I am just very curious to know if my goals for this project are possible or not. I want to create a horror experience that relies more on environmental and ambiance horror as opposed to cheap jumpscares that will become annoying and disruptive to gameplay after the first two encounters with the mob. I am very excited to start work on this project!