• Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
More Feedback on Element Variables need

-Continentalness

-Weirdness

-Erosion

More feedback about these 3 variables on Biome Element would be really apreaciated; in the context of values for Mountain/Plain biomes for example, idk how to set those and trying/error for days is exausting.. can someone help me find good values for setting ?

is there a way to similate craters with those values, kinda?

thanks!

Last seen on 23:32, 16. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Continentalness is how…
Wed, 01/24/2024 - 15:17
  • Continentalness is how inland a biome is. (Mountainous biomes require high continentalness to generate, beaches require the lowest value.) 
  • Weirdness is a special value that essentially determines how crazy the world generator is allowed to go. Shattered savannas and eroded badlands, for example, require higher weirdness to generate.
  • I have no idea what erosion does, and neither does the wiki for some reason.

These are just essentially three values that mostly affect terrain generation, not specific biome placement. Elevation is much more of a determative value with biomes- swamps, deserts, that sort of thing; require low elevation, while forests require higher elevation, and since there's more options for some elevations than others, depending on the elevation you choose you might need to set the biome's chances higher.

I haven't worked with biomes all that much, but at least in the latest updates, biomes are independent from terrain generation. (If you want to do something like craters, it would be better to do this using a world feature.)

Last seen on 04:46, 14. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
there is no elevation to set…
Thu, 01/25/2024 - 01:23

there is no elevation to set on biome elements thou but thanks for the infos, what i really need is values, like im setting from try-error not really efficient

Last seen on 04:46, 14. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
about craters yeah i want to…
Thu, 01/25/2024 - 01:25

about craters yeah i want to use features for it, but also didnt find any tutorials unfortunlly

Last seen on 23:32, 16. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
World features are sort of…
Thu, 01/25/2024 - 12:48

World features are sort of like structures, but they can be set to generate much more frequently, and can alter the world once generated. Trees, plants, ores, etc; are all world features.

In your case, you would want to make a structure that is a sphere-shaped ball of air, surrounded by structure voids. (So that when the structure is loaded in, it creates a spherical hole in the ground.) You could make various sizes and shapes, and assign them to different world features. Then, you just need to make a world feature that generates on the world surface, and places one of these structures offset downwards to form a crater. 

If you're looking for good tutorials on this sort of thing, highly recommend NorthWestTrees Gaming. You can find 'em on youtube.

Last seen on 18:03, 16. May 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You could use structures…
Sat, 03/02/2024 - 20:59

You could use structures instead, make a hemisphere of air and fill the rest in with void structure and make the structure generate a few blocks under the surface, should work too...