Block textures not rendering in 1.9 (Mcreator 1.6.7), texture is not even in source code

Started by cyberrocky on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 11:47, 30. May 2018
Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Block textures not rendering in 1.9 (Mcreator 1.6.7), texture is not even in source code

I followed the directions exactly, using a 16x16 png file and the texture doesn't render at all. I think it's an issue of faulty coding because the texture isn't even mentioned in the source. You see, in the version for 1.7.10, it works because the source code mentions the texture file. That's missing in the mcreator version for 1.9

Last seen on 17:17, 10. Jan 2024
Joined Aug 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Minecraft 1.8 does not need
Fri, 05/13/2016 - 17:23

Minecraft 1.8 does not need have the texture in the code because of the new .json file system. Try look in the console for some error messages on playing/starting game.

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ah, you're not the only one
Fri, 05/13/2016 - 22:05

Ah, you're not the only one that mentionsed something about the json files. I didn't know where they were at first, but then figured out where they are in my other computer. When I get around to it again, I might look to see what's going on with that.

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Here's the error message
Fri, 05/13/2016 - 22:23

Here's the error message

[18:22:45] [Client thread/ERROR]: Exception loading model for variant testenvironmentmod:evernow_portal#axis=z for blockstate "testenvironmentmod:evernow_portal[axis=z]"
net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry$LoaderException: Exception loading model testenvironmentmod:evernow_portal#axis=z with loader VariantLoader.INSTANCE, skipping
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry.getModel(ModelLoaderRegistry.java:134) ~[ModelLoaderRegistry.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader.registerVariant(ModelLoader.java:220) ~[ModelLoader.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelBakery.loadBlock(ModelBakery.java:144) ~[ModelBakery.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader.loadBlocks(ModelLoader.java:208) ~[ModelLoader.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader.setupModelRegistry(ModelLoader.java:125) ~[ModelLoader.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelManager.onResourceManagerReload(ModelManager.java:28) [ModelManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.notifyReloadListeners(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:130) [SimpleReloadableResourceManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.reloadResources(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:111) [SimpleReloadableResourceManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.refreshResources(Minecraft.java:748) [Minecraft.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:323) [FMLClientHandler.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.startGame(Minecraft.java:513) [Minecraft.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:346) [Minecraft.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124) [Main.class:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
    at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97) [start/:?]
    at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26) [start/:?]
Caused by: net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelBlockDefinition$MissingVariantException
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelBlockDefinition.getVariant(ModelBlockDefinition.java:75) ~[ModelBlockDefinition.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader$VariantLoader.loadModel(ModelLoader.java:1157) ~[ModelLoader$VariantLoader.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry.getModel(ModelLoaderRegistry.java:130) ~[ModelLoaderRegistry.class:?]
    ... 24 more

Last seen on 16:05, 15. Nov 2020
Joined Dec 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE:Here's the error message
Fri, 05/13/2016 - 23:26

@#3 Looking at your logs I noticed 'porta' being mentioned. Is it a portal texture or frame exactly?

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Portal TEXTURE! The portal is
Sat, 05/14/2016 - 11:50

Portal TEXTURE! The portal is made of vanilla blocks, I just mentioned blocks because I noticed that it's also an issue too.

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
nevermind, I fixed the portal
Sun, 05/15/2016 - 20:26

nevermind, I fixed the portal issue, I just needed to have the word "dimension" in the name of the dimension