Topic category: User side tutorials
IDK if there is already a tutorial on this, but this is my personal way of making a Lucky Block, so just follow along with the steps (sorry if they are hard to read).
- Create your Lucky Block texture. I would recommend either Importing it or Drawing it, as you cannot get the question mark in the easy-to-use interface. Unless you do not want the question mark, in which case, proceed.
- Create a new block and make it your Lucky Block.
- Check the box that says "Doesn't drop itself?" and set the item to air (the cloud).
- Add a procedure under "When block destroyed by player."
- Create a new local Number variable and name it "Lucky".
- Enter the following block: "Set(Lucky) to: (((Random [0,1)) x (amountOfThingsThatCanHappen)) + (1))"
- Add an If Then block. Click the gear in the corner and add an Else If block for every thing that you want to happen.
- On every If block, put an ((variable) = (thenumber)). Increase it by 1 each time.
- Add lines of code inside each If and Else If for every thing you want your Lucky Block to do when cracked open.
If it does not work, check to make sure you did the steps correctly (they worked for me when I tested). The steps above are for MCreator 1.8.1.
I hope this tutorial helped!