Topic category: Mod showcase and discussion
Welcome to the official guide for Hodge-Podge! Don't you know what to do next, how to access to the dimensions of how to summon a boss?
Well, this is the right place then!
This is a guide about the basic progression, but since most of the mod is designed to be discovered while playing it, it won't tell you everything. It will just guide you in the right direction. Also, it will tell you no recipes, you'll need a mod like JEI (Just Enough Items) for that.
Some changes to the Overworld
This mod, besides adding many dimensions, also does a few changes to the Overworld. For example, these mobs will now spawn there:
- Werewolf: this mob is a Villager during the day and a powerful monster during the night. If you are that bad to kill the innocent villager counterpart, you will get no XP.
- Kobold: a neutral mob found in Caves. It has a candle on its head and lights up the area. You could kill it to get some leather and a Candle, but who would kill such a cute walking light source?
- A few bonus dungeon mobs
There now is a new ore, Silver Ore. You'll need it for some important recipes. It has ore dictionary compatibility, so if you have Silver from another mod (not RaolCraft because its ore dictionary update isn't released yet) that will work too.
Silver can also be used to craft the Silver Apple, a powerful food that resets your health and your status effects. It doesn't give any food points and has a cooldown though.
There also is a new mob drop: Tallow. You can get it by hunting Pigs or smelting their already cooked meat. Tallow can be used for Candles, and like everything else in the mod (this is the last time I repeat it XD) it has ore dictionary compatibility.
Not related to the Overworld but to the Nether, Wither Skeletons now drop Wither Bones. You can use them to create a bone meal that rather than fertilising the soil kills nearby plants (I don't know how could it be useful anyway). They also have many uses you'll discover later.
Finally, there are many new structures, like the Mystical Fountain (where there is a statue that can heal you) and the Snow Temple (found in snowy biomes), but the most important probably is the Golden Temple.
The Golden Temple is important because you can find the item needed to get to the first dimension, the Scepter of the DarkWorld. There are some powerful mobs in this temple (like Temple Skeletons, basically fast Zombies, and regular Skeletons with a bow). If you're like me and don't want to fight them, you could use some water to move the mobs away from the treasure or you could just ignore them and dig a hole from outside in the exact point where the treasure chest is (nobody stops you from doing that XD).
To get to this dimension, create a portal of DarkBricks (see their recipe with JEI) and use the Scepter of the DarkWorld to ignite it.
The DarkWorld, as the name says, is a very dark dimension. It looks similar to the Nether, but made of Voltrock.
In the DarkWorld you can find these mods:
- Hostile Dark Elf: after some unknown events, a large portion of Elves got exiled in the DarkWorld. Seeking revenge, the exiled Dark Elves practice forbidden magic let no one invade their land. Dark Elves drop an Occult Pearl when killed.
- Zombie Cowman: a common neutral mob that behaves similarly to Zombie Pigm- I meant Zombified Piglins, but is a cow. Fun fact: their texture is based on the skin of the author of the original Hodge-Podge mod, Eonaut.
- Oun: a powerful monster that deals a lot of damage. It drops its eye, which provides night vision for a bit if you are brave enough to eat it... Ugh.
- Fulmenblaze: a thunder-elemental version of the Blaze. Can shoot from the distance and sometimes levitate for a bit. Drops its rod when killed.
- Electroslime: a thunder-elemental slime that bounces on the water and attacks players. Drops Thunder Paste.
In this dimension you can also find many new blocks, including a new type of magma block and some glowing stalagmites. But I'll let you discover this by yourself. The only thing I will tell you is there is a new kind of ore, the Smoky Quartz. You'll need to mine quite a lot of it if you want to go to the Wonderland.
Anyway, you can use some of the materials found in the DarkWorld to craft a Dark Brewing Stand. This new crafting station uses Lava (contained in an Obsidian Bottle), Fulmenblaze Powder and a material to create new kind of potions. Right now it can only be used to brew the Potion of Lava Traversing, which lets you walk on lava, but more are coming.
In this dimension many structures can also be found, but the most important one is the Collector's Tower. A friendly NPC who can trade with you lives there, the Collector. This Dark Elf likes the collect ancient rarities and you can give him some to get many rewards!
Right-click him to speak with him. He will give you hints on where to find one of the items he wants. If you right-click him while holding one of these, he will trade the rarity with a precious reward. Rewards include Diamonds, Silver Apples and much more! You won't be able to trade the same rarity again. As of the latest version, there are 7 rarities.
While trading a rarity, he might tell you about a secret treasure hidden somewhere... But to find that treasure you'll need to also play RaolCraft Omega!
There also is another NPC, the Trader Dark Elf (yes, the name is weird...)! He can be found in his hut and can turn one Enderpearl into three Occult Pearls at the cost of one level of experience.
But what are these Occult Pearls used for? Well, they have many recipes, including the Magical Mirror (name to change). This block can be used to turn many items into different ones. Just check its in-game description to know its recipes.
The rest of the guide is coming soon