Projects, Challenges and Resolutions for 2020 and Own 2019 Recap

Started by Goldorion on

Topic category: General discussion

Projects, Challenges and Resolutions for 2020 and Own 2019 Recap
Tue, 08/11/2020 - 19:38 (edited)

Hey!

2019 is almost over, and we will begin a new year, so I would like to know, what are your projects, challenges and resolutions (about modding) for 2020? What do you want to improve in your mod(s), or mod making? What are the challenges you give you for 2020? And how could you describe your 2019 year? How it was for you? What it gave you? 

I have two big projects. The first one is Farm Adventure II, who will take me a few months, and my second, I won’t talk about it for the moment, but I can say you that it will be a gigantic mod (My most ambitious mod). I’m thinking, designing and working (not really, but a little bit) for 8-9 months maybe (if it’s not more), and I hope, everyone will love it. I believe (and pretty sure) that my idea has never been made before. I want to make this mod since a long time ago because the theme of the mod is about one of my passion. However, I will give more informations later (not before the middle of the summer surely).

In 2020, I want to stop mod quickly and not finished. I want to create and make mods in taking all the time I need even if I have to work many months on it, and I want the things I create be usefully or interesting. I want also to be more innovative and start to also work with Java in my mods and not only with MCreator (Begin to make things with coding by myself, not only with pre generating code). Finally, I want my mods to be beautiful (textures) and to add more sounds I find on the Internet or I make myself.

Personal 2019 Recap:

I started the 2019 year with a new update of Farm Adventure (The 1.3.0). In this update, I wanted to change every texture to new more beautiful textures and it’s during this update I began to make a really good mod and make good updates. At the same time, I had also developed a first version of a hammer in MCreator (the 3x3x3 cube). After, I worked with Loic_MaitreDuFeu to make a second version for the hammer. It was at this moment we had succeeded to recreate a real hammer in MCreator with the procedure system. After that, I released a little mod about hammers.

March 10th has been a very important day for Farm Adventure because it was this day I released the first snapshot for the version 2.0.0 of the mod. It was also with this snapshot, I decided that Farm Adventure will become a mod about the elements (fire, water, air, earth, etc.). The 2.0 of Farm Adventure was also the update I wanted to make to make Farm adventure a good mod and not a mod adding everything and nothing at the same time. Then, each Sunday I posted a new snapshot of the 2.0.0, until March 31st (included). Between April 1st and June 12th, I didn’t any new snapshot of life signs (almost). I needed to take a great break from modding because I lost my interest about make mods. However, I continued to check MCreator news, updates (Changelog updates) and speak a little bit on the forum. The week before June 13th, I restarted to work on the 2.0 of Farm Adventure and I released the fifth snapshot the June 13th. With this snapshot, I decided to change my ways to do. I stopped to release a snapshot per week. I decided that I will take all the time I need, and if I can release two snapshots in one week, I will do it. It was with this, I released a snapshot the day after, and the last snapshot the June 18th. June 23th, I release the video announcing the date of the release of Farm Adventure 2.0.0. The June 25th or 26th (I don’t remember exactly.), I released the 2.0.0 on MCreator, and the June 28th on Curse Forge with a new mod page on both websites. I also release a little update on June 28th to add new features of MCreator 1.9.0 who was released the same day. Between July 2nd and July 10th, I released three updates to do some changes, fix bugs and add some new features (Custom potion effects). 

With the addition of custom potion effects in MCreator 1.9.0, I made a little mod adding some new effects. In the beginning, I wanted to make a big mod about an adventure with new potion effects and spells, but I had never continued it.

Then making the 2.3.0 of Farm Adventure, I decided to start to work on a new big mod, The Nightmarish Kingdom. In this mod, I wanted to make new, original, never seen (in MCreator mods at least) and which are "refreshing". I spent to much time (I think. xD) to try to create a class system because I had a bug that made it difficult for me to keep my class when I came back to my world. I finally succeeded to resolve this bug, and I then released the first version of the mod. After the first version, I started to work on the second beta version adding the custom level system (It was almost harder to create and make than the Class System because I had too many things to think, create, change and adjust. I finally released it the October 13th. During his development, I won the MOTW for The Nightmarish Kingdom the September 20th. One month after, it was to Farm Adventure to win the MOTW fir a second time. I said I will make a third and last update to finish the development and fill dimensions, bu5 I don’t know if I will make it because I have other projects I want to make before, so if I make it, it won’t be before severals months surely. 

The September 1st, I released my first mod pack bringing together all the best mods of MCreator (Only mods on MCreator and Curse Forge).

The September 22nd, I released a new "big" update for Farm Adventure (3.0.0) adding new little single dungeon rooms. I started to make this update during the summer, but I stopped because I wanted to make a break of Farm Adventure, and I wanted to develop The Nightmarish Kingdom. I added the support of the Ore and Biomes dictionaries at the same time as MCreator 1.9.1 has been released the same day.

The October 12th I began the development of Farm Adventure II. I think it was really at this moment I decided I wanted to create a big, great but above all, a good mod. I worked slowly, but surely on this remake of the first Farm Adventure until a few days ago, where I released the first alpha version of the mod and a trailer video on my Youtube channel (Go see it please. I’m not trying to advertise myself. XD). However, compared to the first Farm Adventure, for this mod, I work with two other people helping me to make textures and custom mob models. (Yep, textures except ore stuffs) were not been created by me.) In this remake, I try to make dimensions and the mod, in general, more interesting and beautiful, so it’s for this, I took a long time to make this first version. I will try to release more smaller versions for I can have your opinions.

We are now at the end of the year. I tried to speak of everything I find important because I didn’t want to make a book. xD I hope you liked to read it, and I congratulate everyone who has read the entire text. (I am sorry for the length.)

I try to do my best to don’t make mistakes, but I am pretty I did some, so be nice to me because I don’t use Google Translate to translate it.

Otherwise, I wish you a Happy New Year with everything you want.

Edited by Goldorion on Tue, 08/11/2020 - 19:38
A lot happened in 2019 for…
Thu, 01/02/2020 - 09:39

I hope you liked to read it, and I congratulate everyone who have read the entire text

Thanks XD

A lot happened in 2019 for sure, I am looking forward to your work in 2020! :D

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The mods you made in 2019…
Fri, 01/03/2020 - 15:26

The mods you made in 2019 were awesome, can't wait to see what will you do in 2020 :D

Since you asked, here are my modding projects for 2020:

• Release a stable version of the Ultimate Plan
  • Add all the missing dimensions of Hodge-Podge III and complete the Hodge-Podge age
  • Revamp all the dimensions of RaolCraft, add more wands, artifacts, minibosses and a new dark magic system which uses the book dropped by the Dark Emperor
  • Release many new modules for Modular Expansion
  • Add many new (still secret) features to Pyromancy and make new kinds of farms possible
  • If there still is time, start working on my upcoming sci-fi mod
  • If there somehow still is even more time... try to learn Java (99% not going to happen XD)
Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Klemen I think this is the…
Fri, 01/03/2020 - 15:27

@Klemen I think this is the first time I see you using the "XD" emoticon XD

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
XD. My current projects: …
Fri, 01/03/2020 - 23:57

XD.

My current projects:

•Release the remake of alloy:snapshot saga and pray it gets MOTW

•Release bedrock alchemy

•Do my currently secret mod (but it isn't very original)

•Finish MY modpack with a different set of mods.

•If I have time, start working on the remake of FFF

Last seen on 00:34, 20. Aug 2023
Joined Mar 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
 this year I'm starting my…
Sat, 01/04/2020 - 00:02

this year I'm starting my first " stable " mod (all my previous attempts rendered broken textures)  named EternalCraft which adds a mysterious element to Minecraft. I won't say anymore until release so you have to wait for a while. I can say that this mod  will (eventually) add so many items that ill have to make more and might eventually become a franchise like RaolCraft anyways, I'm going to be working on this all year updating it as Mcreator (and Minecraft) evolves  

Last seen on 00:34, 20. Aug 2023
Joined Mar 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
EternalCraft has now been…
Sat, 01/04/2020 - 17:15

EternalCraft has now been released for you guys to play please find a way to tell me if it is broken or needs a bug fix

Last seen on 09:43, 1. Jun 2022
Joined Apr 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sorry im not in to topic. Im…
Sun, 04/25/2021 - 20:49

Sorry im not in to topic.

Im working on a BIG mod (you can see a tamed iguanodon in my icon).

And I need help, if you can, please answer it. I will be very thankful if you do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://mcreator.net/forum/73218/ways-make-entitys-follow-other-entitys…

https://mcreator.net/forum/73411/count-mobs-area

-----------------------------------------------------------------