• Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
General plugins thread
Sun, 06/07/2020 - 13:03 (edited)

This is a general thread for plugins, which were added in version 2020.2

List of plugins and features

This spreadsheet has a list of plugins and their features (let me know if it's missing something):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/143vM7puNLnrNXMvNJI0zFamIFuWpqm5…

Edited by SomeoneElse on Sun, 06/07/2020 - 13:03
Last seen on 14:12, 3. Jun 2023
Joined Nov 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Random number/boolean plugin…
Sun, 03/15/2020 - 17:17

Random number/boolean plugin

This is a small plugin that adds 3 procedure blocks:

• Random integer between 0 and <input> (make sure it's not a negative number)
  • Random boolean (true/false)
  • Random number with normal standard distribution

The 3 blocks added by the plugin

Download link here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WithQ4uH-C0IpIQHFB26lWXPU9h_O8ZZ

Wow, that was fast. Nice…
Sun, 03/15/2020 - 18:48

Wow, that was fast. Nice work! I am pinning this topic so more people can see this :)

Nice Idea, but I think one…
Sun, 03/15/2020 - 20:26

Nice Idea, but I think one day, we will be confused by many discussions about different plugins.

Anyways, I show you my Resource Pack Generator for Minecraft 1.15.x. This generator allow you to create resource packs for Minecraft Java Edition for the 1.15.x. Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6h98pbd5gng19qn/generator-resourcepack-1.15.x.zip/file

You can:

• Create block and item textures directly into MCreator
  • Change Minecraft item names
  • Create armour textures with MCreator

Some informations:

• For the armour, you will have to rename the head and body items for helmet and chestplate. (For example, diamond_head -> diamond_helmet and diamond_body -> diamond_chestplate)
  • All workspace settings are uselless.
  • To put your own logo, take your picture and name it "pack.png". After, take it and put inside the .zip file (Not into the assets folder.)
  • Custom sounds work, but only if you put them directly in this folder (MCreatorWorkspace/yourWorkspace/src/main/assets/minecraft/sounds After create the well sub folder(s))
  • To add other texture files (entity, GUI, ect.), put them in this global folder MCreatorWorkspace/yourWorkspace/src/main/assets/minecraft/textures After, create the folder you need (entity, gui, etc.)

Informations for Klemen:

To create this plugin, I based my generator on files from the Forge 1.14.4 generator (generator.yaml) and the Datapack Generator for 1.15 (pack.mcmeta.ftl). For the Gradle folder, I don't remember I took it from which generator between the two. I don't know if I can distribute it because I used your files, so if I can't say me it, and I will remove my file of MediaFire. :)

And another question @Klemen…
Sun, 03/15/2020 - 20:40

And another question @Klemen, can I put my plugin to share it with some documentation about generators for other people (except if you want to use it into your DemoPlugin or integrate a new official Resource Pack generator (better than mine as you have acces to the Mcreator code))?

To create this plugin, I…
Mon, 03/16/2020 - 07:42

To create this plugin, I based my generator on files from the Forge 1.14.4 generator (generator.yaml) and the Datapack Generator for 1.15 (pack.mcmeta.ftl). For the Gradle folder, I don't remember I took it from which generator between the two. I don't know if I can distribute it because I used your files, so if I can't say me it, and I will remove my file of MediaFire. :)

You are fine because these files are just conf files. Actual template files are the main concern when copying from the existing plugins as these have a real added value. So you are fine :) And nice idea with the resource pack plugin. I would advise you to use datapack generator for the base of your generator to make it more lightweight, though.

And another question @Klemen, can I put my plugin to share it with some documentation about generators for other people (except if you want to use it into your DemoPlugin

Yes, I would suggest uploading it to GitHub and use README.md files to document it similar to how I did this. I will consider adding a wiki page for sharing such demo and reference plugins.

or integrate a new official Resource Pack generator (better than mine as you have acces to the Mcreator code))?

We do plan to add resource making support in a more extensive way in the future, but for now, this plugin will be a great bridge until this happens.

Nice Idea, but I think one day, we will be confused by many discussions about different plugins.

You are right, I am unpinning this topic and suggest to open a new topic for each plugin. I will consider adding a new forum section for plugins.

Last seen on 15:45, 3. Jul 2023
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Great for making lucky blocks
Sun, 04/19/2020 - 15:45

Great for making lucky blocks

Last seen on 08:34, 30. Jul 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of…
Wed, 04/29/2020 - 15:56

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of dev info :

Did somebody known if it's possible to use "input_statement" input for procedure block plugin ?

I try but MCreator seem not happy about it...

{
  "message0": "For every HashMap index",
  "message1": "%{BKY_CONTROLS_REPEAT_INPUT_DO} %1",
  "args1": [{
	"type": "input_statement",
    "name": "blockCode"
  }],
  "previousStatement": null,
  "nextStatement": null,
  "colour": "%{BKY_LOOPS_HUE}",
  "mcreator": {
    "toolbox_id": "hashmap",
	"inputs": [
      "blockCode"
    ]
  }
}

make MCreator complain about input blockCode is empty (where it's not really) and the same json but without "inputs" in "mcreator" section make the procedure compile but without using associated java.ftl file (no code added at all).

I just want to known if i'm doing it wrong or if it's just not supported :)

Thanks ^_^

No, input_statement is not…
Wed, 04/29/2020 - 16:00

No, input_statement is not supported yet, blocks using it have hardcoded logic not exposed to the plugins.

I will consider adding this, but it will require a lot of refactoring so I can't promise it in 2020.3

For now, you can make "get value at index" and use it with combination with for or while loop and use a local variable to store and increment the index.

Last seen on 08:34, 30. Jul 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for the answer =) Yes…
Wed, 04/29/2020 - 16:29

Thanks for the answer =)

Yes it was my fallback solution :p