Joined Oct 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
15 Ideas for MCreator

MCreator is a brilliant program, I've never seen anything like it, it's very user friendly and is packed full of awesome features. Creating Minecraft mods is awesome with MCreator, but there are some features I would like to see added, so here is my list. I enjoy giving my ideas, and I have done before, so here is my new updated idea list for MCreator:

1. Custom enchantments - Upon adding a new enchantment element into the workspace, you are able to create a name for your enchantment, choose what tools it works on, create various levels (I, II, III, IV etc), and give your enchantment its own unique abilities through the use of procedures. 
  2. Tool reach value - When creating a tool element, there would be an option to change the reach of your tool (measured in blocks). Setting the reach to 0 would apply the default amount of reach. This would be useful for creating larger weapons with longer reach, such as a spear or long sword. 
  3. Tool size modifiers - When creating a tool, you can apply size modifiers for how large it is when held in your hand. Perhaps the same could be done with items.
  4. More custom biome generation options - You would be given the option to have mountain terrain (and set the max height of the mountains), flat terrain (like the Plains biome), forest terrain (many trees bunched together), water terrain (a custom ocean-type biome), and marsh terrain (swamp-like terrain with shallow water and scattered islands with trees). You would also be able to choose the average size of the biome (my apologies if this is already a feature, I can't remember). Also if possible, the option to add biomes to caves, the Nether and the End would be great.
  5. Multiple mob drops - You would be able to add more slots for mob drops.
  6. Mob drop rarity value - You would be able to set the rarity for the mob drops.
  7. Custom trees - Custom trees can be made as a structure and in their own custom biome, but I believe (not 100% certain) that switching off generated structures may get rid of the tree structures in the world. You would be able to create a log block, a leaf block, a sapling block and a fruit for the leaves to drop. You would then select what biome the tree generates in, this includes the Nether/End, the block the tree generates on and the height offset. You can also choose how many ticks it takes for a sapling to grow into a tree. 
  8. More block bases - This includes: Fence gate, door, iron bars and glass pane.
  9. Brewing stand recipe option - When creating a new recipe, you can create one for a brewing stand.
  10. Custom banner patterns - When adding a new banner pattern, you can choose the texture, make a recipe, and decide whether it has a banner pattern item or is made with dye.
  11. More potion options - You would be able to add a custom texture for the potion, splash potion, and lingering potion instead of picking the color (optional), choose whether or not it uses a custom effect or in-game effects and choose the creative tab.
  12. Custom inventory icons - Certain blocks in Minecraft have 2D textures to represent them in the inventory. You should be able to add a custom icon to your block in Mcreator.
  13. Folders - Folders would make it a lot easier to organize your mod elements.
  14. Light mode - I'm not sure if I would use this personally, but its nice to have the option
  15. Minecraft Bedrock add-on creator - Now this is a big ask. I don't expect this to become a reality but here's the idea anyway. I assume you would have to make a separate MCreator application for Bedrock add-ons, as Bedrock is written in C++ rather than Java. I'm unsure whether the MCreator team has enough C++ or Bedrock add-on knowledge to make this a reality, but if you could it would be so amazing. 

My apologies if I'm repeating other people's suggestions, but at least it spreads more awareness of these suggestions if I am. Feel free to ask me to elaborate on any of my ideas. Thanks for your time!

Last seen on 22:41, 29. Dec 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Great suggestions!   Just…
Fri, 04/10/2020 - 21:06

Great suggestions!

Just some notes:

5. Can be done with some procedures 

6. Can also be done with procedures 

I really hope number 8 happens tho.

Ive heard somewhere that doors are on their agenda so expect that to be happening soon :) 

Last seen on 00:58, 27. Aug 2022
Joined Oct 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes, I am aware 5 and 6 can…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 14:55

Yes, I am aware 5 and 6 can be done with procedures but it would be nice to have it there anyway :)

1. Check the tracker 2. I…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 15:07

1. Check the tracker

2. I think it's only available with the new "Combat update" (the snpahots)

3. Check the tracker or the forum

4.Already possible

5. Use loot tables

6. Use loot tables

7. Check the tracker, and it's already planned

8. Check the tracker

9. Check the tracker

10. I suggest you to open a new ticket on the tracker with many explanations

11. I don't think it's not really possible because textures are generated by Forge and not by MCreator.

12. What do you mean ? Can you describe please ?

13. Check the tracker and the forum

14. What do you mean by Light mode ? Do you mean a white version of MCreator?

15. They have already planned to make something for Bedrock for the long term.

So, as you can see, there are many of your suggestions they have already been asked, so before ask something, please do some research.

Last seen on 00:58, 27. Aug 2022
Joined Oct 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you for your response…
Thu, 04/16/2020 - 14:26

Thank you for your response.

To elaborate on 12, I will give an example. In your inventory, certain blocks like the brewing stand or mine cart will have a 2D texture rather than a 3D render of the block itself.

And by light mode I do mean a brighter, white version of Mcreator. I feel like this may be possible so my apologies if it is. 

It also seems a lot of my ideas have already been planned according to what you have told me. I do apologize for not looking into things prior to writing this forum post, I will make sure not to make this mistake in future.

Hope this helped :)

Last seen on 11:45, 23. Jan 2023
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i think elytras and shields…
Fri, 05/08/2020 - 07:13

i think elytras and shields must come.That would open sooo much possibilities

Maybe even a procedure ability like when you right click with elytra it would rocket away(idk if thats in the mcreator but if it isnt it would be cool)

Last seen on 18:31, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jan 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1. Enchantments added in…
Tue, 07/28/2020 - 03:54

1. Enchantments added in 2020.4

8. Glass Panes/Iron Bars - Added in 2020.3, Fence Gates/Doors added in 2020.4