Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator
MCreator is a brilliant program, I've never seen anything like it, it's very user friendly and is packed full of awesome features. Creating Minecraft mods is awesome with MCreator, but there are some features I would like to see added, so here is my list. I enjoy giving my ideas, and I have done before, so here is my new updated idea list for MCreator:
- Custom enchantments - Upon adding a new enchantment element into the workspace, you are able to create a name for your enchantment, choose what tools it works on, create various levels (I, II, III, IV etc), and give your enchantment its own unique abilities through the use of procedures.
- Tool reach value - When creating a tool element, there would be an option to change the reach of your tool (measured in blocks). Setting the reach to 0 would apply the default amount of reach. This would be useful for creating larger weapons with longer reach, such as a spear or long sword.
- Tool size modifiers - When creating a tool, you can apply size modifiers for how large it is when held in your hand. Perhaps the same could be done with items.
- More custom biome generation options - You would be given the option to have mountain terrain (and set the max height of the mountains), flat terrain (like the Plains biome), forest terrain (many trees bunched together), water terrain (a custom ocean-type biome), and marsh terrain (swamp-like terrain with shallow water and scattered islands with trees). You would also be able to choose the average size of the biome (my apologies if this is already a feature, I can't remember). Also if possible, the option to add biomes to caves, the Nether and the End would be great.
- Multiple mob drops - You would be able to add more slots for mob drops.
- Mob drop rarity value - You would be able to set the rarity for the mob drops.
- Custom trees - Custom trees can be made as a structure and in their own custom biome, but I believe (not 100% certain) that switching off generated structures may get rid of the tree structures in the world. You would be able to create a log block, a leaf block, a sapling block and a fruit for the leaves to drop. You would then select what biome the tree generates in, this includes the Nether/End, the block the tree generates on and the height offset. You can also choose how many ticks it takes for a sapling to grow into a tree.
- More block bases - This includes: Fence gate, door, iron bars and glass pane.
- Brewing stand recipe option - When creating a new recipe, you can create one for a brewing stand.
- Custom banner patterns - When adding a new banner pattern, you can choose the texture, make a recipe, and decide whether it has a banner pattern item or is made with dye.
- More potion options - You would be able to add a custom texture for the potion, splash potion, and lingering potion instead of picking the color (optional), choose whether or not it uses a custom effect or in-game effects and choose the creative tab.
- Custom inventory icons - Certain blocks in Minecraft have 2D textures to represent them in the inventory. You should be able to add a custom icon to your block in Mcreator.
- Folders - Folders would make it a lot easier to organize your mod elements.
- Light mode - I'm not sure if I would use this personally, but its nice to have the option
- Minecraft Bedrock add-on creator - Now this is a big ask. I don't expect this to become a reality but here's the idea anyway. I assume you would have to make a separate MCreator application for Bedrock add-ons, as Bedrock is written in C++ rather than Java. I'm unsure whether the MCreator team has enough C++ or Bedrock add-on knowledge to make this a reality, but if you could it would be so amazing.
My apologies if I'm repeating other people's suggestions, but at least it spreads more awareness of these suggestions if I am. Feel free to ask me to elaborate on any of my ideas. Thanks for your time!