Fabric Generator 1.20.1 [Plugin]

Started by Goldorion on

Topic category: Plugins and third-party tools

Fabric Generator 1.20.1 [Plugin]
Tue, 01/30/2024 - 02:18 (edited)

This plugin adds a new Fabric Generator to your MCreator.

Hi, I know you are all waiting for the 2023.4 port, but my motivation was very low for a long time. It's still not at its top, but I had enough of it to fix several reported bugs. I hope you'll enjoy it until I do the full 2023.4 update (it's a big update).

Important Information

• Supported Global triggers

• All procedure blocks (and global triggers) are marked as supported, but several of them will fail to build. THIS IS NORMAL. Do not report them.
  • Mods will also require Fabric API to function properly, so when you want to play your mod, make sure you have Fabric API.
  • Biomes now require TerraBlender to generate in the Overworld and the Nether.
  • Some features are disabled because they are Forge-related features, so I can not support them.

https://storage.ko-fi.com/cdn/brandasset/kofi_button_blue.png

Credits

• This generator re-uses a lot of the code used by the official Forge generators.
  • Supporters on Ko-fi 💚❤️

License

• Licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 3.0  
  •  Mods created with this tool may be closed-source and/or distributed with a different license.
  • Appropriate credit must be provided to the creators and maintainers of this software.
  • Forked versions of this software must be distributed under the same license as this with attribution if distributed.
  • Changes must be stated if any modified works are to be distributed.
  • Under no circumstances can you state that the original creator endorses modified works.

Changelog:

To see a complete changelog of the plugin, check this file.

Last versions:

1.20.1-1.9.11:

* [Bugfix] Player right clicks on entity global trigger was called twice
* [Bugfix #480] GUI labels had a shadow
* [Bugfix #483] GUI tooltips gave a build error
* [Bugfix #493] Double plants could not be used
* [Bugfix #496] Player right-clicks on a block failed to build
* [Bugfix #503] Custom End biomes had multiple problems

The plugin's page https://mcreator.net/plugin/64512/mcreator-fabric-generator

Edited by Goldorion on Tue, 01/30/2024 - 02:18
Last seen on 22:41, 29. Dec 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This is cool! But I have a…
Sun, 05/17/2020 - 13:43

This is cool! But I have a question.. what features/elements is it missing?

Last seen on 22:41, 29. Dec 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Okay thanks lol.
Sun, 05/17/2020 - 14:13

Okay thanks lol.

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
lol, modding with fabric is…
Sun, 05/17/2020 - 14:25

lol, modding with fabric is so different with forge. Capibilities and access transformers don't even exist (not like mcreator uses them as of right now), mappings are completely different (they use fundamentally different mappings), events for fabric is very basic and advanced functionality is all made by mixins (imagine making procedure blocks work in Fabric), and a lot of things fabric needs where forge doesn't (like tagging the tools to actually get fabric and other mods to recognize that they are tools)...

We will try to make everything, but advance functionality like procedures or mobs are virtually impossible (they need a class for the mob, an class for the ai, and a class for the renderer bruh)

Capibilities and access…
Sun, 05/17/2020 - 15:10

Capibilities and access transformers don't even exist (not like mcreator uses them as of right now)

MCreator uses capabilities in 2020.3 for all inventory stuff, we use reflection instead of access transformers

mobs are virtually impossible (they need a class for the mob, an class for the ai, and a class for the renderer bruh)

In Forge, they need special classes for all this too, I inline them at the moment, but the generator can make multiple classes for one mod element too (check dimension for example).

events for fabric is very basic and advanced functionality is all made by mixins (imagine making procedure blocks work in Fabric)

I only see a potential problem with global events there, although this could be worked out ;)

Last seen on 19:17, 7. Sep 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
When will it be complete? I…
Fri, 05/22/2020 - 17:47

When will it be complete? I'm not asking a  specific date, only a year.

A first version, I don’t…
Fri, 05/22/2020 - 17:52

A first version, I don’t know, and I can’t say a year because it will depend of Fabric, as it is still in development. However, I hope to complete the development of everything I can do this year or before one year. It will also depend of the time I will have because this fall, I won't have a lot of time. Finally, I have also to learn how Fabric works, to increase my Java knowledges for some things, and to learn how FreeMarker works.

Oh thanks you, but I know…
Sat, 05/23/2020 - 13:41

Oh thanks you, but I know how to change versions. I just didn't make it because the 1.16 is not officially released, so I just make it for the last stable release of Minecraft. ;)

For your information't,…
Sat, 05/23/2020 - 13:44

For your information't, change the author for you because even if you have cange the version, you didn't write the code, so it's like if you stolemy content.

A version for Minecraft 1.16…
Sat, 05/23/2020 - 14:24

A version for Minecraft 1.16 (Snapshot 20w21a) has been released here. https://github.com/ClothCreators/MCreatorFabricGenerator I have to release it because I don't other users take the plugin, change the version and then, repost it with their name like ModBoyModder154 had did. I changed the license, so YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED to redistribute it. You can, however, continue to help with the code on the GitHub project in creating ticket or Pull request.

https://github.com/ClothCreators/MCreatorFabricGenerator/tree/1.15.2