User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What is NBT? NBT Tags? NBT Inventory?
Sat, 05/23/2020 - 22:25 (edited)

I'm completely new to MCreator. I watched many YouTube tutorials and read through many forums to try and figure out how the procedure system works. I stumbled upon a few very unclear things, but in this topic I'll only talk about one - NBT. What exactly is it? What does it stand for? What does it do? I'd very much appreciate being redirected to a site or forum that explains this, as I absolutely have no clue what that is. I'd also appreciate if "Tile Entity" was also explained. Sorry if this question has already been asked, but after 3 days of searching I didn't find any answer to such a simple question (Everyone here seems to be an expert and already know what it is).

Edited by Alessi on Sat, 05/23/2020 - 22:25
(Everyone here seems to be…
Sun, 05/24/2020 - 02:05

(Everyone here seems to be an expert and already know what it is).

I can say you that a bunch of users are not experts. There are only too many topics on the website. 

Otherwise, an NBT Tag is a variable stored in each block, item or entity. It means that each block can have a different value for the same variable. In other words, an NBT Tag is a variable that each element will have a different value for the same variable. It allows to make multiplayer compatibility as a Global variable will be the same variable for everyone, but the NBT Tag will have a value for each entity (player in this case).

A TileEntity is a block with values stored inside it. For example, a chest, a sign and a furnace are TileEntities.

In hoping to answer to your questions.

Last seen on 23:16, 11. Jun 2020
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you! Your answer is…
Sun, 05/24/2020 - 02:28

Thank you! Your answer is very helpful and I appreciate the fact you also explained TileEntity, now making it easier for me to work with storage systems, I'm very thankful!