User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Update made MCreator useless for me without 1.12.2
Thu, 05/28/2020 - 08:14 (edited)

I was working on mod that adds alien planet covered with extremely deep ocean, and everything was fine in 2020.2 except one thing: there was no fish-like swimming AI task in that version, so all mobs was limited to crawling creatures, floating creatures like vanilla slime on top of water, and flying creatures. I was waiting for 2020.3 update because it promised fish-like swimming AI task, but now I found absolutely terrible thing: 2020.3 dropped 1.12.2 support, and is now useless for me, because mods i am working on are intended for use in 1.12.2 server modpack, and switching server to newer version is not an option at this moment, and it is unknown when it will be possible. Is there any option to add 1.12.2 code generator to 2020.3, and, if yes, will new AI task work with it?

Edited by Mad Alchemist on Thu, 05/28/2020 - 08:14
I want to help update the 1…
Thu, 05/28/2020 - 15:32

I want to help update the 1.12 generator but I'm on mac and plugin creation on mac is broken (not on mcreator's side, mac generates a lot of useless extra files like ".DS_STORE" and can't compress or uncompress files properly)

Is it not possible to turn this off somehow? I don't know macOS at all so I am just guessing :D

Last seen on 17:16, 16. Mar 2024
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you can't once you opened it…
Thu, 05/28/2020 - 22:14

you can't once you opened it in finder

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Shocking Artist: Yes that is…
Fri, 05/29/2020 - 01:05

Shocking Artist: Yes that is the issue, opening any folder in Finder causes macos to generate a .DS_STORE file to store how the files are displayed in finder. There is no way to get rid of this unless you use terminal commands to manually compress it, which would make this very cumbersome.

And I'm not really talking about Atom.

Klemen: I suggest you add an option to read a directory inside the directory too, otherwise there is no way for mac users to make plugins :(

Last seen on 17:16, 16. Mar 2024
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@CripsyChips I meant you…
Fri, 05/29/2020 - 02:06

@CripsyChips I meant you could external code editor to code it

Github desktop to clone to repo 

then clone that file to local location

Then compile

I suggest you add an option…
Fri, 05/29/2020 - 06:50

I suggest you add an option to read a directory inside the directory too, otherwise there is no way for mac users to make plugins :(

You can put the plugin directory in a directory of a directory, just not zip in subdirectory AFAIK.

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
"plugin directory in a…
Fri, 05/29/2020 - 07:02

"plugin directory in a directory of a directory" lol

hmm thanks, I think I get what you mean.