Help with improper dimension portal spawning

Started by Finmide on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:40, 12. Feb 2024
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help with improper dimension portal spawning

So I made a new dimension in my mod that is completely underwater. However because of this there seems to a problem where when you go to enter into this dimension it puts you either inside the ground so you suffocate to death or it spawns inside the void and drops you to your doom and deletes the portal at the same time (since no blocks can be in the void.) I was wondering if there was a way to fix this issue, because I would prefer it not to be a guaranteed death to the player upon entering because that would be frustrating. I would like some suggestions.

However I do have some ideas too and I want to see if they would work such as the following:

1: Making a structure with a large pocket of air that may allow the portal to spawn within it.

2: Making a portal frame structure with a built in air pocket with an already activated portal on the alternate dimension side and hoping that making a portal in the over world would automatically connect to the closest activated portal in the alternate dimension

if you guys have a solution to this problem or have feedback on the possibility of the two possible solutions I would like to hear them.