Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
A few questions about Forge Energy

I tried searching in the forums and in the tracker (I even checked the MCreator reddit and looked for some tutorial videos) but I couldn't find anything...

I was trying to use the new Forge Energy procedures to create a generator, but it looks like the features that were added only allow for storage and transport, but I couldn't find any procedure block for generating of consuming FE.

Is FE support only intended for storage/transport right now or was it just me who couldn't find them? XD

(I know you are going to make a tutorial video about it but I would like to know it now anyway XD)

To generate or receive…
Wed, 08/12/2020 - 17:00

To generate or receive energy, use send/receive energy procedure blocks. There is a template for this too in the procedure library.

You can't actively receive energy though (actually you can but should not in any case, except "receive" energy in your block itself; ie. generate energy into block), the system is push-only for good reasons (eg. energy loops).

Check https://mcreator.net/wiki/ferf-energy-system too

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I tried using the send…
Wed, 08/12/2020 - 17:04

I tried using the send energy block to generate new energy but it didn't work... it could probably be a mistake in the procedure, I will try again, thank you :)

If you think it could be a…
Thu, 08/13/2020 - 07:11

If you think it could be a bug, feel free to open a ticket and include minimal workspace demonstrating this isolated bug. But I did some tests and it worked fine with my tests before the release.

I tried using the send…
Thu, 08/13/2020 - 07:13

I tried using the send energy block to generate new energy but it didn't work

To generate energy in your own block, use receive energy.

Receive -> generate

Send -> extract, drain

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I misread your first comment…
Thu, 08/13/2020 - 10:53

I misread your first comment, thank you XD

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Actually, it looks like send…
Thu, 08/13/2020 - 17:19

Actually, it looks like send energy is the one which actually seems to work.

The issue was in the procedure (it checked if it could generate the energy by comparing the energy capacity of the block and the energy in the block - I didn't know the energy capacity block was bugged)

Thank you for your help, FE procedures are a lot easier than I originally thought XD

it checked if it could…
Thu, 08/13/2020 - 18:31

it checked if it could generate the energy by comparing the energy capacity of the block and the energy in the block - I didn't know the energy capacity block was bugged

The proper way to do this is to use "test send/receive", it will return the value it can actually send or receive.