[Plugin] DTM's Toolkit - Attributes (v1.2.0)

Started by Drop The Mag on

Topic category: Plugins and third-party tools

Last seen on 18:54, 23. Aug 2023
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[Plugin] DTM's Toolkit - Attributes (v1.2.0)
Tue, 06/22/2021 - 03:22 (edited)

DTM's Toolkit - Attributes:

Version 1.2.0:

• Updated to work with the latest version of MCreator (2021+), Minecraft (1.16.5), and Forge!
  • Removed the "add entity dependency block" as I've since streamlined the plugin to no longer require it. ;)
  • Only two blocks remain, both allowing you to edit multiple available attributes currently within the game. 

Version 1.2.0 of DTM's Toolkit - Attributes streamlines the process by making everything very "plug-and-play", with no prior knowledge or tutorials required. Oh, and yeah...it also works on the latest version of MCreator! Do keep in mind though that every attribute has a base value, minimum value, and max value specific to itself. You can find this information here: Attribute – Official Minecraft Wiki (fandom.com).

Always refer to the attribute data sheet to make sure you don't go over or under on any of your numbers!

Version 1.1.0:

• Combined all entity attributes in to one block!
  • Added a new "get attribute" block that allows you to get the current base value of the entity.
  • Added a brand new "add entity dependency block" in order to use the new features.

Version 1.1.0 of DTM's Toolkit - Attributes cleans up the procedures a little bit (it will require you to replace your current procedures), by combining everything in to one block! It also adds the ability to "get" the entity attribute's current base value. In order to use the procedure, please be sure to use the new "Add entity attribute dependency" block by adding it to the top of each procedure you use it in!

Please remember to use the "add entity dependency" block at the top of each procedure (or within an if block) for these new features to work!

Version 1.0.3 (first public build):

• Set max health of entity.
  • Set armor value of entity.
  • Set armor toughness of entity.
  • Set attack damage of entity.
  • Set knockback resistance of entity.
  • Set attack speed of entity (players only).
  • Set luck of entity (players only).

Version 1.0.3 of DTM's Toolkit - Attributes offers the ability to modify many of the "SharedMonsterAttributes" shared between all living entities, allowing you to set and modify their base values. Both "attack speed" and "luck" are available only to players, while the other attributes within this version will work for any other entity, whether it be custom or vanilla.

Overtime, I'll be releasing consistent updates to this plugin. Hopefully offering multiple new procedures, triggers, and templates that may be useful to every one of you.

The next update to be released (hopefully) will finalize the "Attributes" that aren't included with this version, including movement speed, flight speed (for flying mobs), and more.

Please request any procedures you would like to see in this plugin as well, and I'll do my best to make it happen! Also, please comment about any bugs or issues you may have, and I'll look in to all of them ASAP.

You can find all the procedure blocks listed above in the custom category labeled "DTMs Toolkit" in your procedure builder.

You can install this plugin through your preferences and plugin manager, or you may just drop the ".zip" into your plugins folder, then restart MCreator.

Download the plugin on the official page here!

Check out my other developments here:

- Drop The Mag

Edited by Drop The Mag on Tue, 06/22/2021 - 03:22
Last seen on 17:35, 27. Oct 2020
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
thanks its working fine now
Sun, 09/27/2020 - 16:18

thanks its working fine now

Last seen on 13:49, 22. Jul 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey I have an issue and,…
Thu, 01/07/2021 - 00:41

Hey I have an issue and, although following your steps replied to earlier people about the same issue I have still not gotten it resolved, the issue is the generator unsupported error, so far I have renamed your folder, tried different versions if your pack on BOTH 2020.4 and 2020.5 along with the latest snapshot version, none of these versions have given any resolve, any chance their has been a development in the issue in general or some more information about my specific install and system required, thanks for this plugin though, as attributes are a very big part of Minecraft modding and making items unique. 

Last seen on 17:15, 28. Mar 2024
Joined Dec 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Do you think there will ever…
Thu, 05/13/2021 - 14:35

Do you think there will ever be a block for editing the speed attribute of the player? I really need this and would LOVE if this was a feature. Thanks, and I really love this toolkit, it's literally what my mod is based around.

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Do you think there will ever…
Tue, 06/22/2021 - 03:25

Do you think there will ever be a block for editing the speed attribute of the player? I really need this and would LOVE if this was a feature. Thanks, and I really love this toolkit, it's literally what my mod is based around.

The "movement_speed" attribute wasn't working correctly when I last tried it. I know this is over a month ago, but I figured I'd respond anyways for those who have questions similar to yours. I plan on running some tests and potentially getting it working for anyone who needs it as it is vital attribute. I recently updated the plugin to work with the latest version, so there's that! :)

Last seen on 05:44, 9. Jun 2022
Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I tried to use this for when…
Wed, 02/09/2022 - 00:07

I tried to use this for when I eat a specific food and I set the max health to 2 (1 Heart) but it can't compile.

Last seen on 05:40, 21. Sep 2022
Joined Sep 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is it already compatible…
Fri, 02/25/2022 - 19:41

Is it already compatible with 2021.3 for 1.17.1?

Last seen on 18:59, 28. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This plugin seem's to be…
Mon, 04/18/2022 - 11:07

This plugin seem's to be abandoned and author isn't here from 9 month ago...
I don't think that would something change.

Well, I'm wonder why don't merge those functions into MCreator itself?

Last seen on 19:56, 31. Oct 2022
Joined Oct 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It seems this plugin is…
Wed, 07/06/2022 - 05:47

It seems this plugin is broken, specifically that "a type with the same simple name is already defined by the single-type-import of net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.Attributes" when trying to import java.util.jar.Attributes.

It's really a shame, as this plugin was essential to many mods :/

Last seen on 00:54, 31. Jul 2022
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have a problem with it can…
Sat, 07/30/2022 - 15:01

I have a problem with it can sombody help me with it? When i put in set max health  it has a error and it says block set entity attribute is not supported by the selected generator it will be skipped

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I know a new "attributes"…
Mon, 08/14/2023 - 18:40

I know a new "attributes" plugin has since been made since I last developed and updated this, but figured I'd release a new update to this one here in a bit for everyone who may still use or like the format of my original. :)