Issues involving tags

Started by Cube67 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:49, 4. Nov 2020
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Issues involving tags

I'm not sure why this is, but I'm having two big problems involving NBT tags. While it seems like discussing multiple issues at once is ill-advised here, these two seem very related. I'll explain them both here:

The first problem is that tags don't seem to work at all when I use them in a crafting recipe. I tried things with multiple different tags, as currently I have two nonfunctional recipes involving tags. One is a smelting recipe where you can cook any of 3 different modded blocks (which all have the same tag, which is a block tag) to make another modded block. The other is a crafting recipe where you craft vanilla sticks using a tag for two modded items (the tag is an item tag). Neither of these recipes seem to work at all, but the rest work just fine. I made sure to spell each tag correctly in the recipe editor. While it might make sense that the block tag wouldn't work in a crafting recipe or something, I'd think that an item one would work fine.

The other problem is that once I make a tag, I can't edit it again other than adding blocks/items to it. No changing names, no changing tag type. It might be intentional or something, but it's been a pain for me so I'd like to know if it's on purpose or not.

If I haven't explained anything well enough here, I can provide images to help.