Wastelands of Baedoor (firearm weapons, steampunk & airships mod)

Started by Toma400 on

Topic category: Mod showcase and discussion

Wastelands of Baedoor (firearm weapons, steampunk & airships mod)
Fri, 04/09/2021 - 21:03 (edited)

Hello fellow MCreators,
Recently I started to organise my ideas on mod I planned for almost half of a year (as I discovered existence of MCreator).

It's going to convey my small steampunk universe I'm making for years (created mainly for books/game creations), but I thought it's perfect use for mod Minecraft was lacking as far as I was searching. Weapon mods are often OP, steampunk mods are too vanilla-unfriendly and aimed on different things that I wanted. Also I wanted to add some things that are crucial for Minecraft, but Mojang never tried to incorporate them (yet).

So, long story short, things I want to invent in WoB are:

- airships (structures on air across Overworld and End, being source of new items)
- firearm weapons (balanced and with various aesthetic & gameplay features)
- various other weapons I miss in vanilla (swords, ranged weapons and all between)
- some new mobs (mainly illagers travelling on airships)
- new herbs & small decorative stuff (plantable)
- new blocks in steampunk vein
- renewable sand (from herb called "sand veil")
- two tiers of armor/tools (lava and cirtain, being on respectively diamond and "above netherite" tiers in my universe)

There's already mod page on MCreator with latest version!
I will be happy to get your feedback - you can write it here, on mod page, or on Google Docs survey I made for that.
If you don't know how to use this mod, you can also look at wiki / guide I created. I hope you will enjoy it! More changes still to come :)

There is also bug tracker available, if you are interested in more in-depth vision of mod, or if you don't know if bug you encountered is known.

Edited by Toma400 on Fri, 04/09/2021 - 21:03
Last seen on 09:42, 5. Sep 2023
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Those airships are super…
Wed, 12/22/2021 - 13:23

Those airships are super cool. Maybe add some flying entities around them for ambience. Great stuff!

Chew

Last seen on 13:25, 19. Sep 2023
Joined Jan 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
 Nice Ideas and thorough…
Wed, 12/22/2021 - 15:28

Nice Ideas and thorough design!

Hello everyone! New snapshot…
Fri, 03/04/2022 - 17:58

Hello everyone!

New snapshot version is released today, with small change in my development principles. From now on, I will try my best to make more frequent updates as I realised that "big, rare updates" are really making me slow down and lose motivation. In the end, I am still trying to deliver only snapshots, it is obvious full v0.a11 update is enormous :>

But anyway, v0.a11s6 snapshot is out! It changes a lot, on both smaller and bigger parts of the mod, such as:

• revamp of bandits, with amazing new textures made by DylanVHS
  • several fixes to gameplay, performance and bugs
  • avoider being now configurable
  • new renewabilities
  • and a lot more!

If political situation doesn't escalate, I have plans to release v0.a11s6b soon, providing config file for 1.16 version and Patchouli book, along some more fixes which I hope to make.

Thanks everyone for being here ^^

s6

Nothing big here, except for…
Sun, 03/13/2022 - 21:51

Nothing big here, except for... 1.17.1 and 1.18.2 ports for Wastelands!

Yes, you read correctly, I ported WoB the same day MCR got its 1.18.2 snapshot :3
Though a lot of issues occurred, so be careful using these versions - they are both a bit unreliable and it's better to make backup of your worlds than be sorry.

Also, on Tuesday there will be one year since I published the mod here. These ports were meant to be surprise for you all, so you can feel anniversary vibe, even a bit earlier ^^ I'm really thankful for all the joy, feedback, ideas.. simply for everything I got from MCreator - from great tool to make mods, through fun I had making and playing them, to community and friends which I met here. Thank you so so much!

Everyone. Exactly one year…
Tue, 03/15/2022 - 20:44

Everyone.
Exactly one year ago, I published first version of Wastelands of Baedoor on MCreator site. Version which was really buggy and poor, but - Wastelands nevertheless!

I would never expect how much modding will change my life and artistic path since then. It was just project made to add things to Minecraft I missed. Turns out it brought me whole new universe: some sense of direction, pure joy of seeing all things I added come to life, escape in tougher times, finally - friends which are really dear to me.

I am really thankful to each one of you, for being here and your support. It means a lot and motivates me to continuously work on the mod, despite having some motivation drops from time to time.

Airship is really interesting symbol: it conveys freedom, journey, possibilities. Let it be symbol of this anniversary: taking us even further, to the unknown, beautiful lands of the future!

anniversary