• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yggdrasil: The little bit of everything

logo

The little bit of everything

Welcome to Yggdrasil! Some of you may know this mod as Overmod. I started this mod mostly because I find vanilla Minecraft dull after a while, so it became the mod of everything I would love to see in Vanilla Minecraft. The mod started in 1.12, but I'm currently in the process of updating it to 1.16.5. It's nearly done in terms of adding everything that the 1.12 version had, but I also slipped in some more features to the mod itself! Do note that this mod is not yet released for 1.16.5, I'm still ironing out the bugs and make everything work smoothly. Once I do release it, I will link it here.

So, what does Yggdrasil add? Well, plenty! Here's a list of some of the features it has right now:

- Bigger farm life expansion: Dozens of new plants, fruits, vegetables, as well as food to the game! From your generic pepper and peach, to your more fantasy Glenola and Jury Berry. However, because I enjoy cooking so much in real life, I wanted to make the process of making the foods in the game more on the realistic side, still not too realistic, but realistic enough for you to need new blocks and the like. You need to make doughs, flour, baking powder, soda ash, and much more to craft yourself all the foods you like! (From noodles, to bread, to many others.) 

Many of the foods also need other stuff that need to ferment, which is done by placing items in a jar, or sometimes a barrel, then waiting for them to ferment. (This is how you get yeast, for example.)

Fruit trees are also here! Not many as of now, but you can get pomegranates, as well as olives! 

food inventoryplants

- More mobs: While I didn't include the character mobs I made back for 1.12 in Overmod, Yggdrasil does have its own slew of mobs. Nothing new as of yet (aside from the Gnome, more details on that later.) but I've worked their balance issues and fixed up many of their bugs. Goblins, Minotaurs, Balloons, Mandrakes, and many more have been added (or re-added) Most of the mobs now have custom sounds as well, which is always a plus!

mobs

- Blocks, oh all the blocks: Pretty much nearly all of the blocks from the 1.12 version have been re-added, with many new blocks as well! From custom stone, to new wood types! Some 3D models, some don't. You can see some of the blocks in the screenshot below:

blocks

More Biomes: I always found Minecraft's Vanilla biomes to be lacking, so I thought why not make my own biomes? Well, here's the fruit of my work: Many new biomes have been added, some are the same from Overmod's, some are completely new, you can take a look at them below:

magnoliabiomebiomebiome

biomebiomebiomebiomebiomebiomebiome

And new cave biomes! Currently there are only two:

biomebiome

New trades with a new mob; The Gnome: Gnome houses spawn around the world, as of the time of writing this, there are only two gnome variants, the Janna gnome and the Desert Gnome. (Only the Janna gnome is trade-able as of yet),  You can right click on them, to trade with them for many items, blocks, and special relics! They use the currency of Yggdrasil, Prutah (Bronze), Sheqel (Silver), and Crown (Gold). You can get the coin by selling them various materials. 

gnome

These are the main features of Yggdrasil for now, the first stable release should be out soon, I don't have a specific date as I'm working on this mod during my free time. So many factors come into play on when I do get to work on the mod. Regardless, I will post a link here as soon as I finish up the mod!

If you are interested in play-testing the current Beta version of the mod, join the discord server: https://discord.gg/DfEZCsrK4e

If you have any ideas for anything, from food to biomes to blocks to mobs, post them and I'll see if I can work them into the mod!

Thank you for reading. 

Last seen on 11:52, 29. Sep 2021
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you Klemen!
Sat, 08/14/2021 - 15:17

Thank you Klemen!