Bleed Function (percentage based (global variable method))

Started by TetheredToEarth on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:59, 28. Jan 2023
Joined Dec 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Bleed Function (percentage based (global variable method))

I'm trying to make a function where if you attack a creature a certain amount of time it will play a particle effect and do a percentage base amount of damage except when i do it it does not work I have no idea what to do and very confused on the matter. if you have any idea how to do this (which im sure someone will im not the brightest) if you want to know what its supposed to be like im taking reference from the dark souls series in particular Elden ring (patch 1.6 and lower) please help with the matter.

Last seen on 20:00, 17. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I dont play Elden ring but i…
Sat, 12/24/2022 - 12:55

I dont play Elden ring but i can help with a max health precentage damage bleed. If i understand right you mean all damage from the player will bleed the target. The procedures will be the same but if you only want specific weapons to apply it then you need a different procedure. Anyways, here is the procedures:

Basicly, make a [potion effect] [particle] [potion tick] and [global trigger]

The potion effect, in this case a bleeding debuff that deals percentage max health damage.

As you can see, this deals 5% max health damage, use 10 instead of 20 to deal 10% max health. This is very overpowered so i recommend a lower % and lower bleed duration.

Then the global trigger.

So, all attacks deals max health over time damage, the debuff stacks duration but not damage, this would be a bit more complicated.

Hope this helps you out!

Last seen on 18:59, 28. Jan 2023
Joined Dec 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This is somewhat of what im…
Sat, 12/24/2022 - 13:53

This is somewhat of what im talking about (the percentile based dmg) but im also trying to make it where the bleed build up where it doesnt effect you until it is fully built up

Last seen on 20:00, 17. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh i see, it is possible to…
Sat, 12/24/2022 - 23:49

Oh i see, it is possible to cheat around it by adding a potion effect that has multiple versions, so when target is hit add this effect, then check if they have this hidden potion effect and add the next removing the old one, finnaly for the last one, check that they have that one and apply the bleed if the target has the last hidden potion effect.

I find that potion effect is ussualy the easiest way to add hidden debuffs or buffs to entites.

Last seen on 04:10, 23. Dec 2023
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is it possible to make this…
Sat, 12/23/2023 - 02:35

Is it possible to make this only happen with a certain weapon? I've been fiddling around for a while, but nothing is working.