How to return a type of fluid a tank has, and use it to drain ?

Started by Linkdeous on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 17:09, 12. Mar 2024
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to return a type of fluid a tank has, and use it to drain ?

Hello, i wish to make a pipe for my mod, however, i noticed a problem with base's mccreator fluid handling : 

You can't seem ti return the content of a tank, only it's capacity/current fill, which poses a problem for me, as how i envisionned it :
The pipe would get the current fluid of the tank, and test drain it to get a number of mb
Then try to push it forward to the tank if the tank facing the pipe can place it in the tank in front of it (ex: another pipe, another block with tank capacity)

However, as it stand, you dont seem to be able to be able to get a fluid type from a tank , which cause me the following issue : 
You can't set it as the fluid you wanna fill in the tank in front of you, meaning if the sending tank have lava, and the receiving one have water, since i can only choose one fluid type to be pushed around, it would detect that "there is 1000mb of "a fluid"", and then  i would have to choose between sending in a set liquid, meaning if i chose for example water, the lava drained would be converted as water, which is pretty much not what someone expect from a pipe
Same idea if i use custom liquids : even if i made a pipe that "only move forward lava", it will detect that the tank have 1000mb of fluid, without checking if it's lava or not, so i can't just make pipes for "each liquid i can think of"

If anyone have any ideas, even if i have to code, it would be greatly appreciated !!