Halocraft: Minecraft Evolved
Also available on Modrinth: https://modrinth.com/mod/halocraft-3.0-(unofficial)
This is a decently sized mod that adds most of the weapons, a few vehicles, some armor, and multiple enemies from the Halo franchise (specifically Halo 3), as well as a few other things.
All weapons are hand-made and rigorously tested by me. All weapons come with and custom sounds and a custom reticle.* Ballistic (or kinetic, or just bullet-firing) weapons use one of seven types of round: Light, medium, heavy, buckshot, rocket, needle, or bolt. Additionally, some weapons have scopes. This includes the battle rifle, DMR, magnum, sniper rifle, rocket launcher, carbine, and beam rifle. The default key for reloading is "r" and the default key for scopes is "Z." These can be rebound in the controls menu.
- Assault rifle
- Battle rifle
- Sniper Rifle
- Rocket Launcher
- Flamethrower (WIP-ish)
- Do NOT use while airborne
- Plasma Pistol
- Plasma Rifle
- Beam Rifle
- Fuel Rod Cannon
- Energy Shield/Jackal Shield
- Energy Sword
- Blood Blade
- Prophet's Bane
- Brute Plasma Rifle
- Brute Shot
- Spike Grenade
- Fire Grenade
- Gravity Hammer
- Extremely WIP-I would reccomend keeping this out of your inventory for risk of corruption, as I will probably remove and add it multiple times.
All vehicles are very poorly modeled and barely function. I'll get around to working in them, though.
- Mongooses (Comes in black, blue, red and green)
- Wasp (I am fully aware of the quality of the model, and I am sorry)
FRIENDS & NOT FRIENDS
A handful of enemies. At the moment, there aren't a lot, but more will come.
- Three variants: Carbine, plasma rifle, and energy
- WARNING: DUE TO THEIR LOW HEIGHT, THESE BREAK SNOW GOLEM-BASED CREEPER FARMS. I HAVE INCLUDED A GAMERULE TO DISABLE THEIR SPAWNING
- Spartan (Coming soon)
Mk. VI MJOLNIR Armor
I'm just going to say it: This stuff is stupidly expensive. To craft this in survival, you will have to set up a very efficient iron farm and a very efficient redstone farm, strip mine for both diamonds and titanium (an ore added by the mod) for multiple hours straight, create a slime farm, breed cows, and mine sand. You will need an absolutey insane amount of redstone repeaters for this.
The upside? It makes you nearly immortal. Wearing a full set grants you immunity from being on fire, passive strength, jump boost, water breathing and speed, immunity to fall damage, an insane amount of armor points. and the ability to breathe in space (I will also add togglable night vision in the future, as well as the shield thing.) Plus, wearing the helmet gives you a cool overlay!
This armor is significantly cheaper than MJOLNIR armor, but it's still pretty strong, and expensive. It does not make you immune to fall damage and does not have any passive effects (I may add passive water breathing). It does have an overlay like the MJOLNIR armor.
The cheapest of all armors in the mod, the marine armor is quite weak in comparison to the compitition. However, it is still quite powerful. It does not require advanced, multi-step process materials like the other two, only requiring some leather, wool, and string, making it a decent armor to have early game.
Forerunner Beam Emitter:
Immediately upon spawning into the world, you are likely to be greeted by one of these. These may provide some shelter from the extremely hostile outside world, or serve as a durable starter base. These are very common structures, and are found everywhere.
ODST Drop Pod
Somewhat common, very small structures. Unused for now, kimd of like a desert well.
A lot less common than the drop pod, the falcon contains wooden crates, which can be broken with a stone-tier or higher axe. These crated drop a random assortment of UNSC weapons and ammunition.
- VARIANT: Wrecked Falcon
- More common than the intact falcon, wrecked falcons contain less loot.
The rarest (?) UNSC structure, the pelican comtains a lot more crates than the falcon. They also contain a few computers, unused blocks that will drip computer chips in kater updates.
- VARIANT: Wrecked Pelican
-Like the wrecked falcon, the wrecked pelican contains less loot, but is more common.
UNSC structures are somtimes inhabited by friendly soldiers.
Much better looking than the phantom dropship (not included in the mod), the spirit dropship is currently the only covenant structure in the mod. They contain covenant crates, which drop covenant and brute weapons and ammunition. Be careful, though: They also house multiple spawners, which will throw elites and grunts at you. Maybe they could be used for a farm?
Note: Spawners are non-functional
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS:
Extra optional things for optimization:
- This mod works the best if you were to use the VanillaTweaks resource pack from the VanillaTweaks website (Google it, it's probably the first result). While customizing the pack to your liking, make sure you select the invisible crosshair.Due to how the reticles are displayed in the mod, a visible crosshair will cause the crosshair to be visible on top of the reticle. Because the crosshair inverts colors, the reticles will have red spots.
- VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: I AM NOT AFFIIATED WITH NOR ENDORSED BY WITH VANILLATWEAKS OR ANYONE WHO WORKS ON THE PROJECT
- I would strongly suggest installing Optifine, or some other mod that provides a zoom function, and binding the zoom key to the same key the New Halocraft zoom is bound to. Hopefully, this will cause the zooms to layer on top of each other and sork like an actual scope. Due to limitations, I use slowness for the scope zoom.
- I have not tested this in multiplayer, I am not sure if this will work.
For any problems you encounter or suggestions you have, please visit the GitHub page for the project, linked somewhere on this page.