MCreator for Minecraft 1.12.2 is now there. It supports importing old workspaces so you can migrate all of your projects into new MCreator without any issues. Read the article to learn more about this update.
One of the bigger changes in MCreator 1.12.2 is that achievement system was replaced with advancement system. In MCreator, we still call them achievements to avoid confusion. Achievements from your old mods will be automatically migrated to support the new system.
Another new feature is that dialog windows can now be closed using ESC button as this is almost a standard for most development tools as some developers prefer to work with a keyboard rather than with a mouse.
We have also fixed some bugs including a problematic bug that caused fatal MCreator crash without any warnings in some rare cases when a file copy task failed. Now the error is properly handled and MCreator won't just close anymore.
The full changelog of MCreator 1.7.6:
- Updated Minecraft Forge MDK to recommended version 2491 for Minecraft 1.12.2
- Updated recipe, fuel, command, structure, food, tool, armor, item, overlay, plant, biome, gun, fluid, block, GUI, dimension, mob, advancement and creative tab creation to Minecraft 1.12.2
- Updated events and global events and conditions to Minecraft 1.12.2
- Added support for old workspace importing and migration to Minecraft 1.12.2
- Removed old website API which improved MCreator load time
- Dialogs can now be closed with ESC button for better UX
- [Bugfix] Custom GUI size was not saved and restored properly
- [Bugfix] Some crashed lead MCreator to just close itself without any warning
- [Bugfix] Magma blocks spawning in custom nether like dimensions
- [Bugfix] Place schematic event result not working in commands
- [Bugfix] Armor textures for inventory not working
- [Bugfix] "When right clicked on block" event in item creation not working
- [Bugfix] Disabled hardware acceleration of 2D UI components to increase performance and to fix some render glitches on Nvidia graphics cards
- [Bugfix] Fixed many other minor bugs
Another thing that is worth mentioning is that we have started doing an upgrade roadmap for the next generation of MCreator - MCreator 2. You can participate in the discussion and add suggestions and ideas for any major changes that should happen with this update. This is only the concept right now so we don't have any release dates for and as it will not happen that soon yet.
If you missed our website update release article, make sure to read it too as it describes all changes on the website in depth. There were many great changes so it is worth to check it out.
Make sure to tell us what you think about this update in the comments and share this article. Happy modding!